2 Jan 2009

Walking Backwards.



  • It appears I have been a little bit tardy in the blog department lately. So here is my catch up list but it starts from today and goes backwards.

  • First and foremost: Happy Birthday to my hubby. The girls were so excited to give him his gifts and his cake that the poor guy ended up eating cake for brekky. Rosie decided she needed to sing a solo version of Happy Birthday to him. He had so many candles on his cake that by the time they were all lit and he got to blow them out some of them had been burning for a while so he blew candle wax clear across the room!

    Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

    Yes, she ate a candle.

    Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



    Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


  • Happy New Year. 2008 was a good year and I am anticipating the same service from 2009.

  • We spent New Years Eve at home. Jacob was working but we knew he would be home by midnight so Lily and I made a little midnight feast and then when hubby arrived home we ate, drank and were merry. We even had some fireworks. Ours paled in comparison to some of the others in the neighbourhood but we had fun. Just before 1.30 we all went to bed but the loud fireworks woke Rosie up so we entertained her for a while and then all went to bed in our bed. Isn't there a bed bigger than a king size? I spent the night holding on to the side of the mattress for dear life and hubby was doing the same thing on the other side whilst the kidlets were sprawled out nice and comfy and snoring to beat the band! Before the girls fell asleep they were snuggled up all close together and wishing each other happy new year.

  • The girls and I went with some friends to the Junior Orange Bowl parade on the 30th. It was fun but nowhere near as good as last years. Lily fell asleep on the way home but Rosie kept me company as she is not one to sleep in the car.

  • Haven't figured out he night setting on my camera yet.

    Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



    Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



    Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing




  • Lily has a new game. It is called baby sister in a bucket! Rose loves it to. I don't, I am scared that Lily will drop the bucket.


  • Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


  • The desktop computer has been so slow of late and both Jacob and I have been going batty so I decided to take the time and clean out all the junk. I was very proud, very proud. He was impressed. I am not the most computer savvy person so when he saw what I had done he was gleeful. Gleeful that is until this morning when he went to check something in our bank account and it was gone. Ooooops. Not a digit to be seen, not a check register to be had. I fled the scene with the girls.
  • Every single closet, shelf, cupboard, and catch-all in this house has been purged and cleaned. Nothing has been left untouched. I clean if I get bothered by something and I had a fight with my father, the first of my life, and I stayed up most of the night cleaning. The next day we resolved our conflict but the urge to purge continued. We had hoarded too much crap but now it is gone.
  • This person is the reason I got into blogging and as if that wasn't enough now she thinks I need to join Facebook. Lawdy be! Jakey and I joined up the other night and spent hours finding friends we went to school with. We are hooked but I still have a lot to learn.
  • Referrals arrived the other day and had we not found Rosie Posie all dressed up and ready to go on a special needs list we would have received our original referral. It would have taken 2 years, 10 months and 2 days. Jacob spent the whole day telling Lily that she was about to see a picture of her baby brother Benjamin. She didn't quite know whether to laugh or cry. He is still talking about Benjamin....should I be worried?
  • That is life in a nutshell. We are looking forward to the next year and planning for some fun. I do not make resolutions but Jakey made one this year and I really like his. He wants to spend more of our money on us this year and not the gas tank or the mortgage company and the other boring stuff. So the way I see it, we will be thumbing our way down the street, having our house foreclosed on but living it up! Yee Haw.

4 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

There is no one else in the blogisphere that tickles my funny bone like you do so why would I now want you to join facebook?? It seems pretty sensible to me and so does Jacob. BTW, Can he throw some money this way..hehe!

Great update and happy 2009 to you my dear friends!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Oh and Benjamin???? You never know...

Tammie said...

Between the writing style you & Lori have, I'm always laughing. The two of you write exactly the same way you speak. In fact, as I read your blog, I can hear your voice!

Happy Birthday to Jacob!! Birthday cake for breakfast? Works for me. I just don't understand why it wasn't a tootsie roll cake.

Benjamin? Did you start more paperwork & not mention it to us?

Kris said...

Facebook... oh man. That world is CRAZY. There are so many friends on mine I can't even keep up and they send me drinks, fling things at me, have me joining causes- mostly i say hi to them and that's it! The girls are ADORABLE, it's been way too long since I've seen them!! Happy belated to your hubby, Happy New Year, Merry Christmas... and here is to 2009.... may this be the year I see baby EEEEEEEEE!!!! :P) It's so good to be here with you Dawn. Kudos to you with all that cleaning, sorry the fight triggered it- but I need something to trigger ME into getting the closets done!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails