21 Dec 2008

It Wasn't Meant To Be Funny

Yesterday we attended our dear friend Jakie's daughter's Bat Mitzvah. Since I knew there was no way that Rosie would be able to sit still in the temple for 3 hours I went on time with Lily and Jacob showed up and hour or so later with Rose.

Since Jakie has no family in this country and they were unable to make it here for the occasion she requested that our family sat in the front row with her. We were honoured to do so but also a little worried as that would put Rosie right in the eyes of the Rabbi and Cantor. I was called to the Bimah to read "the Prayer For Peace" and realised seconds before hand that I had forgotten my glasses so as I walked past Jakie I literally snagged hers right off of her face. I thought I had been discreet but the Cantor laughed.

Shortly after that Rosie arrived with Jacob and she wanted her own seat so we sat her in one but it just folded back up with her in it. She didn't care but it was making everyone laugh. She was being quiet but it was very hard not to laugh at the little person folded away in her seat. It was a wonderful service and Lucy decided that she didn't want a large party that evening to celebrate the event but instead wanted to go to Israel. This shows just the kind of sweet child that she is. Tomorrow her family will leave for a 10 day trip to Israel.

Jakie had a luncheon at her house and we all had a wonderful time and I cannot wait to see the photos. In the meantime here are some really poor ones that I took;

My girlies

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Lighting a candle

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Is it just me that sees something a little off with this picture??? Or perhaps I should say, a little "out" with this picture.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing

4 comments:

Tammie said...

How awfully nice that Jakie asked your family to sit with hers. And the honor of a reading shows how much she cares for you. Going on the bimah is always a bit frightening IMHO - especially when I have to do a reading in Hebrew.

Yes. There is definitely a little something out there. :-)

Andie said...

Yes, I think you should have let someone else hold Rosie for that photo. I'm in Hong Kong, we flew right over Guangzhou. Not here for long, Happy Christmas.
Love Andie

Andie said...

No, I've decided, maybe you're just jealous!!

Vivian M said...

This is twice now that you forget your glasses!
I am still trying to figure out what is "off" in that picture, you all look wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails