28 Oct 2008

Today It Was Autumn



Today was a cool day for us. The high temp didn't even hit the 65 degree mark and it is really windy making it seem colder. I loved it but since this is Miami I am sure that in 2 days time it will be right back to sweatyville. Lily wore her woolly tights to school and Rosie went outside first thing and announced "cold" and then she giggled. Then she repeated that performance numerous times.

When Lily got home from school we zoomed through her homework and dashed off to the park armed with a kite and a ball but sadly I forgot the camera. We had such fun. The wind picked up at one point and took the kite right out of Lily's hand but I was able to catch it. Rosie went nuts just chasing the ball that was getting blown along by the wind. Simple. Pure. Fun.

We came home to a chilly house cos all the windows were open and we snuggled under a blanket while dinner was cooking. Tonight I put Rose to bed in a pair of all in one fleece jimjams with feet and yet again she just cracked up laughing. We love cold weather....Ok so you don't think 58 is cold but we do! Lily's teacher wouldn't let her take off her cardigan today even though Lily was hot. When Lily came out of the classroom she ripped it off and told me what her teacher had said. Defensively the teacher explained she didn't want Lily to get cold because she would get sick. I was puzzled by this.....germs make you sick not weather! Mind you this lady was wearing a jacket and fur lined boots....Puh-leaze!

Oh and the best part......this cold weather has worn my kidlets out. Rosie napped for over 2 hours today which is unheard of and by 7pm she was falling asleep. I am moving to Alaska.

3 comments:

Tammie said...

I agree. This weather is wonderful! I loved it. 56 degrees up here meant a light jacket but color in our cheeks. Poor Erin hates the cold.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

hey if cold weather helps sleep then I will move to Alaska with you...but oh shit...what about that woman that runs the place...OY! We better stay here :)

Vivian M said...

Move to Canada! Check out the pics I posted yesterday, we got snow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails