26 Oct 2008

Such RUDE People

Have you ever noticed that there are some really rude people in this world? Yes, me too and today those utterly rude people were us! I know it is shocking isn't it. You see my friend Lori, Foxy Mama,to the dynamic duo is the lady in charge of the, Families with Children from China, group for Broward County. They have all sorts of parties and celebrations throughout the year and Lori always invites us to attend. She doesn't even bother sending me the membership forms anymore she just emails me with the details and knows that we will gatecrash the event. So that is what we did today, we gate crashed Lori's Halloween bash. We contemplated joining the group, a few years ago but it is such a long trek to the other county that we just decided that it is better if we just crash instead. We aren't even the slightest bit embarrassed anymore....now that is rude!

It was so much fun we got to see all the kiddies who were all dressed up and got to see some families that we only see a few times a year. We ate, we drank, we watched the kidlets tear into the candy as if they hadn't been fed for days and we chatted. We grown ups chatted and in full sentences too. The kidlets were all so busy seeing how much candy they could shove into their adorable little faces that we were able to yip. Even Rosie who is known as Velcro baby took off in search of the sugary stuff and once she found it she couldn't have cared less where we were.

I failed to take many photos. Jakey took some with his camera but we will have to wait for those....for ever.

The Pumpkin and the Devil.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


If you eat vast quantities of chocolate and then you decide to suck a lemon your face will look like this.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


The infamous and fabulous Dynamic Duo along with the Devil and the Pumpkin.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Foxy Mama herself and Moi.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This is just so sweet. Rosie loves her sister and vice versa

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Lori, thank you so much we had a lovely time. Your little ones are absolutely lovely and I must ask Ethan to share his candy snagging tips with me cos that boy had a bucket load! And if you want to know that story behind Lori being called Foxy Mama read her blog. It made me laugh so much that I shot water out of my nose. Thankfully it was only water cos I sprayed the keyboard.


3 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

You crack me up lady; you really do! It was so awesome to see you and your amazing family today! You can gate crash anytime at all!

I have to say it once again, your two beauties have such an amazing bond already; it is such a sight to behold. I guess they could not miss with the love that they witness every day from their folks.

Love you guys!
me

PS - Katie was enamored with your Lily today. Wait till you see the silouette pic I have of them talking to each other...SWEET!

Tammie said...

It really was lovely to see you & the family again. A year truly is too long a time to wait. Your girls are so beautiful. I think I'm totally in love with them. :-)

Please thank Jacob for my tootsie roll. I savored it late last night while hiding from Erin.

Perhaps you guys will join us in December. The luncheon is at the same place. I know Jacob will enjoy a bowl of lobster bisque if you join us.

Vivian M said...

SO you wait for me to move away to crash the FCC get together, eh? Harumph!
Dawn, I think you are just as foxy as Lori, and I hold you both in the highest regard. Lily and Rosie look amazing in their costumes! And I did spit my coffee when I saw the chocolate/lemon pucker face pic! Too cute!
And thank you to Jacob for taking care of Kerri's godmother Tammie!
Boy do I miss South Florida and all my friends right now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails