7 Oct 2008

Lots of Yipping.

My goodness this week has flown by so of course I have lots of yipping to do.

The first thing on my mind is this whole contaminated milk, formula scandal that is coming out of China. We received word from Half The Sky that Rosie's orphanage used the tainted formula. My initial gut reaction was, she has been out of their for 7 months but then the story unfolded a little more and it turns out that this problem has been going on for 2 years. My initial reaction to this was, she is healthy. The adoption websites and boards have been a glow with this scandal, and rightfully so as it is a tragedy and the people behind this need to be punished however I felt that Rosie was OK and she had enough going on with the heart procedure that she just didn't need any other tests being done at the same time. As I spoke to various other adoptive parents I found that some felt the same why I did whilst others were panic stricken and were heading to their Dr.'s offices to get renal ultrasounds done. I called our pediatrician and we had a very, very long chat about it all. We are opting to do nothing yet. She wants to wait and see what the American College of Pediatrics has to say about it and what they feel, if anything, should be done to the children who may have been exposed. She assured me that all an ultrasound will do is show any kidney stones and even if they are there they won't do anything about them anyway. It doesn't show kidney function and that is what we need to find out. She feels that since Rosie is skyrocketing (yeah, pretty funny that she used those words, they made me laugh too) in her growth, her development is right on target, she ran a kazillion tests on her when she first came home, she has had 2 negative urinalysis done and she is totally A-symptomatic, that nothing is wrong with her at all. I trust this woman 100% and with Rosie she always airs on the side of caution and as a result of this we are confident that we have made the right decision. If something appears that she finds alarming we will jump into action. This is a personal decision that we are making I don't blame others for checking deeper into this and I don't expect to be judged for our decision either. Andie, if you are reading this your favourite sweeties have been put on the tainted list! White Rabbit sweets are tainted so considering you ate a bag while you were here you need to decide whether to hop on over to radiology and give yourself a little ole' ultra sound! Ann if you are reading this: oops sorry but she will be fine!

Yesterday hubby found out that his best friend was dead. It was very unexpected and a rather grim situation and due to the circumstances Lily overheard a phone conversation between Jacob and a detective so we told her that Daddy's best friend had gone to heaven and that Daddy was very sad. She said she was very sorry and took off into her toy room. Later on she appeared with a note for Jacob that read:
I am using her spelling as she did it all herself.

Dad.
I now all the good times you had. Now it is the end of them but look at the brit side or don't think about it. It's the onle way to forget.
Love Lily.

She is 6 people, 6! This child has the soul of a much older person. She is so incredibly sweet and kind. I know she is my daughter and I am meant to feel this way but honestly I do not know too many kids that would even think of something like this let alone write it down. She is just so special and profound.
Jacob, I am so sorry sweetheart. I truly hate to see you hurt, it breaks my heart.

Part 2 of my blog book is finally at the publishers. Considering this was a Mothers Day gift, it's about time. I really don't mind waiting because the finished product is so wonderful but now that I know it is so close I want it in my sticky little mitts. It has been promised my Halloween.

Last year Lily received in the mail 2 pre-approved applications for Amex and her AARP card. I just shredded them but last Saturday she received another AARP card and since she loves to get mail I let her open it. She is thrilled, absolutely thrilled to have a real card with her name on it. For my foreign followers AARP is the American Association for Retired Persons. Once you hit 50 you receive this little ditty in your mail about once a month unless you politely tell them to take a hike!
When you watch this video look in the bottom right hand corner and notice Rosie trying so hard to get in on the action. She can clearly be heard saying, Cheese!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Aren't these the most gorgeous coloured Roses you have ever seen? This arrangement was waiting for me when I got home from work on Thursday. The card read, "To two very relieved parents". Yes they definitely came to the right house. Thank you so much Jeanne and Daddy. Even though I am quite sure that Daddy had no clue about them.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


On Sunday we went to the Dragon Boat Festival. We go each year and always have fun but this year the weather was our enemy and we only got to see one race before the sky fell down.
Here we are watching the race perched on the rocks. Lily was loving it and having a great time.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Rosie, on the other hand, not so much!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Tomorrow is National Walk Your Child To School Day. You can walk, bike, skateboard or scooter. We are going to ride our bikes there. Lily is really giddy about it. I am a little bit nervous as it will be during rush hour and we have to cross one really busy street (Sunset) but she has been doing really well so I have to give her a chance. I think we are going to make it a family affair so I am hoping that the old, safety in numbers, cliche will hold true!

Egads, this is a long post so if you are still reading you deserve a medal. Talking of medals, Andie recieved one for her work in Iraq. She was in the local paper with her photo and everything. I would post a copy of it here but I know she would hate it. She deserved it and she will deserve another one in a few more months. Lily thinks having Andie in the paper is amazing she thinks she is famous. She squealed when she saw it.

I promise to make the next post a lot shorter.

2 comments:

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

I love reading your posts and hearing about the girls. I'm with you on the tainted milk thing too. I haven't even talked to my doctor about it. I just figured Maddy had a huge amount of testing done when we returned from china, all kinds of blood work etc and if anything was wrong with her kidney function, surely they would have found it. She has also had two normal urinalysis done so I think we are good.
So sorry to hear about Jacob's friend passing away. No matter what happened, it's never easy to swallow.
Blessings!

Andie said...

Thanks for the warning about the kidney stones, I'll look out for them! I loved those White Rabbits, I'm sure they caused more damage to my clicky jaw than they did to my kidneys.

I'm so glad you will finally be getting the second volume of your book, it has been a long wait. A huge "thank you" for not posting a copy of my newspaper cutting, I was so relieved not to be in the country when it came out.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails