1 Oct 2008

All Better

Rosie woke up this morning at her usual ghastly hour and was full of beans. She was chatty and bouncy and just completely happy and carefree. We were sitting on the couch drinking coffee and she said, "ouch" and looked at her hand very accusingly. I kissed it better and asked her if she had an owie. She lifted her hand up again so that I could kiss it. It is the hand that had her line in it so I think it must be a bit sore. I have seen her kiss it herself a few times today as well. She climbed the stairs a few times to day but I carried her up as well so as not to strain her leg but as of tomorrow ALL restrictions are gone. When I gave her a shower tonight I noticed that the insertion site was a tiny bit red but nothing alarming so we will wait and see. Tomorrow she can have a bath and she will be so happy cos she loves her bath.

The only evidence that anything was done is her bruise and even that is 50% better already. It is amazing what circulation can do for a body. Possibly the most amazing change in her is that she is not sweating all the time. When she would wake up from a nap her head would be drenched but today it was dry, bone dry.

We have to go back on the 13th for her post op EKG and chest X-ray. This time I cannot wait, I want to see all the changes is her and see the doctors beam with pride as they examine their perfect work.

Her insertion site.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

Rosie isn't the only China Baby having some "heart work" done this week, my blogger friends little girl went back for her check up and also received a gold star. This little angel is the one who inspired Jacob and I to broaden our horizons and she is the reason that we found Rosie. "M" we are so happy that you little heart is getting so strong. Hope you feel better and that nasty flu is gone soon. Mama, we hope you feel better too.

On a funny note:
Rosie has been asking me all day to pee on the toilet so of course I oblige and pick her up and put her on the loo. Each time she would fidget around trying to get me to take off her diaper but I never did as I knew she wouldn't actually do anything other than take 10 feet of loo roll and stuff it in the loo. Tonight before her shower she asked again so i whipped off her dipe' and sat her down. She made the "psss" sound and wiped and then cheered. She really is a hoot.

The princess on the throne.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


This next story is a bit tasteless so some of you might want to exit here but it is funny and it had Lily and I roaring with laughter.

Tonight for desert I gave the girls fudgesicles. Lily was busy eating hers and Rosie was licking hers also. Rosie then picked up her napkin and wiped her face, (she does this all the time) and when she saw the brown stuff all over it she looked alarmed and said "eeeewwwww" and without a moments hesitation whipped the napkin down to her bottom (she was clothed) and started wiping and then looked and said, "eeeewww" again. I think she really thought it was poop. She would not eat another bite.

So as you can see, life is back to the normal nonsense. We took a 48 hour detour but that is literally all it was, a detour.

2 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Oh man, things are totally back to normal; you have your hands full with those "way too smart" girls of yours.

Hugs!!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

I'm so glad Rosie is doing so well! "M" and I are finally mended from the flu as well. :0)I loved that story at the end. That Rosie is a smart cookie and,.. "if it looks like poo, it must be poo".. even if it's not.LOL

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails