9 Aug 2008

Let The Games Begin





Did you see the opening ceremony for the Olympics last night? It was just amazing, thoroughly amazing. I sat on the couch mesmerised. I still can't believe that they managed to pull it off because when we were there at the end of February the Olympic village was no where near finished. The Birds Nest was complete but some of the other stadiums were not and for miles around it was a huge construction site.

I have never had such an interest in the Olympics in my life. It is funny because all of a sudden my whole family is rooting for China. Up until this point we have always had world war three during the games because I always root for England and Jacob always roots for the US. It is hard rooting for a country than than the one you are in because the broadcasters never give the others the time of day. Shouts of "CHINA, CHINA" fill the air here and it is great fun. Even Lily is filled with the spirit. Whilst we were there we bought all of the mascots and each has a different name and together they say, Beijing welcomes you, rather cool stuff.

I just hope that everyone behaves themselves and no political wars break out. Too many babies are still waiting for their families and in order for that to happen we need to see smoothe sailing.

GO CHINA.

1 comment:

April said...

It was so wonderful and beautiful. I sat there crying with my mouth wide open. We fully expected to be home as a family watching them. Not in the plans I guess. Well, she was able to hear those fireworks and we were too at the same time. Sort of the same. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails