25 Jun 2008

Dilemma's

One minute everything was all planned out and the next thing...poof, everything is up in the air.

We were planning on moving, well we still are but the housing market here has done a nose dive and you all remember the story of Jacobs transfer. We are now thinking that staying in the state of Florida, aka, the burning hot hell hole, might not be a bad idea. We have to leave Miami cos lordy lordy, this isn't where I want to be but just a few short miles up the road and across the county line is civilisation. Who knew it was just a stones throw away. Many of our friends live up there so that would be a huge plus. It is nice, areas that are green can be seen all over the place as opposed to here where cement reigns supreme.

The next dilemma. I need a new car. I love my "little car". She holds many memories for me. I am attached to her and she is faithful....very faithful. I get in, start the engine and we go, hell for leather, where ever it is we need to be. "Little Car" never lets me down. After 2 years of looking I finally made my decision. I chose a big girl car. One with plenty of room for 2 kids, plus lots of grown ups and lots of stuff. So why haven't I bought it? Gas prices have gone ape. Now I am back to umming and arrgghing again. I really don't want to spend that much money to fill my tank. Sure I can get a really good deal on the one I wanted now cos nobody with half a brain is buying anything bigger than a Smart car now but a Smart car really isn't that smart when you have to lug a massage table, a pushchair and whatever the toy d' jour is all over town.

Next: Summer vacation. What to do, what to do? This too was sorted but now not so much. I think we are going to fly out to Seattle for a few days for our agencies family day and then we can catch up with some of Lily's travel group which would be wonderful. I don't want the summer to be over and realise we didn't go anywhere. Once August gets here school starts, Rosie has surgery (maybe) and we have to go to court for her adoption.

I am the queen of organised. Everything I do is organised and I can't seem to make a simple decision about some important stuff. Dilemma's, dilemma's.....sigh.

And I leave you with this: Our friend Chicken Feet has been away for a few days so we are collecting her mail. Today as we walked to her house Lily asked if she could walk on ahead cos Rosie is a bit slow so I said she could. The next thing we hear is Rosie's little voice shouting, YiYe wait, YiYe wait. (translated, Lily wait, Lily wait.) I couldn't believe it...who taught her to speak? She understands EVERYTHING and loves to do little tasks for us. She calls her blanket "bray bray" and if you ask her to say please she says "pweeee". Oh and just so I don't forget she loves to throw loo roll into the toilet. If she knows you have just used the loo she will throw some paper in it for you, the only thing is she likes to use about half the roll each time she does it.

That does it for now I am going back to my house and car shopping. Thank heavens for the internet.

1 comment:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I would love it if you moved up here and do not forget that I can help you find the home of your dreams.

You would love it up here in Coral Springs; it is an awesome place to raise a family.

Love ya,
me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails