24 Feb 2008

Shhhh, everyone is sleeping

It is 3pm and the gang are all napping so I decided to get a head start on the blog post.

Since I cannot view any blogs I was very surprised to see comments from someone we had never heard from before but who obviously knew us quite well. It wasn't until they wrote something yesterday that I realised who they were. Hi Pipo. I have no idea where the new name came from and I am blindly guessing at what it stands for. So far I have decided it must be something to do with pelvis's and obstructions. Hey I cant get read your blog this is the best I can do. I am so glad you got to see your ducky here.

Today we went to see a mausoleum which due to the rain wasn't much fun and then we headed to do some more shopping. On the bus on the way to the shop Lily started to cry, Lily is many things but she is not a crier. After a minute or two she started to sob so in the middle of a huge department store with at least 10 million people pushing past I was trying to sort out what was wrong. I think the everything hit her at once and mix that with not feeling well and she just fell apart. She wants to go home and I am at the same point as her. We are having a really great time but enough already. There are 3 things that I am really missing, my bed, the smell of fabric softener on our clothes and the food. Crazy really but that is the truth.

Onward to the fun stuff. Rose is moving forwards in leaps and bounds in some areas and in others not so much. We all went down to the play room this afternoon and she came out of her protective barrier a little bit more. She was crawling to the end of my feet and would even crawl all the way to Jacob if he put his arms out for her. She is finally starting to babble a bit more as well. Lily needed some play time today and it was great for her as there were other "big" girls there and she got to run around and play ball with them all. Most of the babies here at the moment are SN and it is so lovely to see them with families. We met another couple from Fl and they now have a 5 yr old and she is gorgeous and has wrapped them around her pinkie already. Rosie isn't sleeping well. She seems to be doing alot of "de-fraging" as Jacob calls it when she sleeps and has lots of nightmares, it is so sad but necessary for her so that she can sort our where she is. Everyone comments on her wherever we go and if I ask them to guess her age they guess, based on her size that she is under 9 months and when they see her attempt to walk they say 10 months. Such a little one. I came up with her nickname this morning, it is weasel. Not sure why but it suits her. Tonight in the bath, which she loves she got so excited that she tipped herself over and went straight under the water. I grabbed her instantly and fished her out and she was spluttering and coughing. I picked her out and wrapped her in a towel but she wanted none of it and tried to throw herself back in the tub with her sister so I put her back in.

Shamian Island just isn't the same anymore. Lots of the businesses have gone and it is really quiete here now. When we came with Lily it was a very place and filled with shops. We have been spending lots of time at Lucy's ( for those of you that don't know Lucy's is an American style cafe with real American food)It has helped Lily too, she got to eat mashed potatos yesterday and loved them. We didn't go there last time but this time it is helping me to keep my sanity.

Andie and the girls.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


That does it for now.
love us

9 comments:

Lily's Pad said...

It has been wonderful to follow your family on this journey. Rosie is lovely. Lily will make a great big sis!

Mary

Vivian M said...

You will be home soon. Try to enjoy every last moment in China, even if you miss your bed and food!
It's sad to hear that the island has changed, what an impact with the slowing down of adoptions. I hope that changes soon.
Have a safe journey home!

Nikki said...

Oh, bless Lily's heart...she is SUCH a trooper! But, yeah, home will feel SO sweet (to you all).

Thanks for the updates again, but shouldn't YOU have joined everyone for a nap???

P.S. PIPO is Peace in, peace out...
P.S. Again. My friend Verna (The Blog Fairy) is there, with her son Noah right now - maybe you've seen her at Lucy's????

Tammie said...

Poor Lily. It has to be quite hard on her between being away from home & finally getting the sister that she's been for forever. She really is a trooper, & we're all so proud of how well she's doing. I bet eating mashed potatoes helped her get a bit of the homey feel.

To tell you the truth, I think that by this time, most families just want to get home & start their normal life. It happens to all of us.

How sad that Shamian Island has had so many changes. The slowdown in adoptions must be affecting businesses in many of the provinces. Hopefully we'll see some changes in the coming year.

Lauren said...

Rose is sooo cute!! I will pray that your entire family has a safe and quick journey home :)

Patricia/NYC said...

Ohhhh....sweet, dear Lily!! She has been through so much...I guess it all caught up to her. What a great trooper!! She will make such a wonderful big sister!! It won't be long now before you are all sleeping soundly in your comfy, cozy beds...hope the rest of your time there & the flight home go super fast!!

redmaryjanes said...

I am so glad to hear that everything is going well. I can understand you all getting tired and being ready to go home. Soon. Lily is being so mature for her age. What a special girl.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

It would be surprising if Lily did not have such a "moment". There is lots to take in and all of it while back in the land of her birth. She is such a strong and beautiful young lady and is already an amazing big sis.

Can't wait till you are back home as well! ((((Huge hugs))))

Love,
me

Kris said...

I assume by now Pipo has clarified: Peace In, Peace Out.

She's got a whole new outlook, and I'm loving her for it- cuz it's contagious and perfect.

Can't wait for you guys to get home. You know what they say- the last 30 miles always takes longer than the whole dang trip. Hang in there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails