25 Feb 2008

Day What?

I am no longer sure what day it is......duh!

Today was a much needed free day so we woke up at a slow pace and meandered down to brekky very late. After that I took Lily back to the toy room whilst Jacob took Weasel upstairs for a very long nap. After lunch we took a cab out and about and did the rest of our shopping. The end of the trip is in sight and we are now picking up all the stuff that we have ordered......good job we have lots of room in the luggage. Andie had a child free day today and went off an excursion of her own. God she is amazing and we are so glad that she is with us.

Weasel is doing well and yippers away to Lily quite a bit. She loves to be tickled and loves her bath. We were having problems in the poop department so our guide rang the orphanage and they told her to hold her over the loo and whistle. Say what? Well today I did this and it worked but it just seems so wrong to hold a child the size of an oven ready chicken over the loo. The other problem with this is I can't whistle for a hill of beans.

The green eyed monster showed up today and it was UGLY. The mother in me is very sad and torn to see lily act this way but after having to listen to her lip and her atitude and get the stink eye every time I asked something the human in me is about ready to tell her to put on her game face, suck it up and deal with it......don't worry I would never do it. It is my job as the parent to help her through this. We found out today that playing all of her favourite tunes, quite loud, just brings out the old Lily and makes her more comfortable. She really wants out of here. I have tried to explain that we are heading that way but she wants it NOW.
We only took a couple of photos today that are any different from all the rest so here they are.

I look half crocked in this picture but it nice to have the girls together.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


I just love all the statues that are everywhere here and so does Lily.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


One very large chicken.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Tomorrow is the medical exam.....I am sure that will be a joy. LOL. Hopefully there won't be any glitches just alot of screaming. Rosie hates to be naked. Jacob is hoping she will still feel this way many years from now!

Good night
love us

12 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Tap those slippers Miss Lil...you will be home very soon.

Dawn: Our first couple of months with the dynamic duo were not pretty as far as the sibling thing goes. Now since ours are both 2 it was bound to be bad for a long while. Yours will clear up in no time. I would bet my bottom dollar that once you ar settled in for awhile at home again your issues will be few.

Jacob: I am with you on the naked thing...hehehe!!

3D said...

Hang in there! You are almost home.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Lily! Go to the noodle place . . . that always made me happy! Glad to hear Weasel is coming out of her shell. Have a fun few last days and enjoy your time! We love reading the blog and watching the videos/photos.

Jeff & Jill

April said...

Oh poor Lily. It is such a long time for adults much less a child (who just realized she isn't the baby anymore, and has been sick). Give her a big squeeze for me. Not sure if that will do any good, but we do love you Lily...you will be home soon.

The poop thing is too weird for how young she is. :-) What a diffrent world. Boy what are we in for.?.?

Patricia/NYC said...

CLick those heels 3 times Lily!! There's no place like home...you're ALMOST there!! HANG IN THERE!!

PIPO said...

I LOVE the picture of you and the girls!

All the best with that medical exam.

Looking forward to home, I am sure.

Nikki said...

Poor Lil...there's no place like home!
Hope all goes well with the medical exam and the remainder of your trip.
XO

Tammie said...

By this time in our trip, we had ordered Pizza Hut just to have a taste of home. David & I couldn't wait to land in LAX & eat some real American fast food. I even ate a whopper from BK which tells you how desperate I was since I don't eat BK. You'll be home soon enough Miss Lily.

Vivian M said...

Love the picture of you holding your daughters! The last few days in China are the hardest, hang in there.
We hope Lily feels less "green" soon. Give her time, she has a lot of changes to get used to. You all do!
I am hoping to make it to S FLA this year, so I look forward to giving you all a hugfest. Hurry home and have a safe trip.

We5Chois said...

Dawn,

You look drunk with love in that photo of the Cope Girls ;-)

Glad to hear that you are getting ready for the trip home, because we are ready for you guys to come back. I remember the last few days being the worst, they seem to drag, but before long you will be lying awake begging for sleep in your own bed.

Give Lily a big squeeze from us, she is doing great. The sibs thing will last a lifetime, but you will get more used to it and less bothered by it, some days I could scream with my lot.

I know once Lily is home her behavior will improve, she just needs her home comforts and routine.
Good luck at the med exam, it's always a lot of fun, but you know it means you are almost home.
Big hugs,
Kim C

Kris said...

Over the LOO? Whistling and poo-ing?? Now THAT is some serious potty training going on in China...

redmaryjanes said...

You all will be home soon. I love all of your photos. Poor Lily, she is just out of sorts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails