21 Jan 2008

Free, To A Good Home, One Husband. :)

Where to begin?

For as long as he can remember Jacob has always worn glasses. Last week he went to the eye DR and he is now waiting for his new specs.

He woke up this morning and decided it was a perfect day to do some pressure cleaning so he took his little self outside and started his job. About an hour later as I walked through the living room I saw him out the window with his cleaning "wand' aimed at the second story windows. I watched him for a few minutes and then realised he was aiming at the bathroom window. I thought to myself, no he can't be cos the window is open. Then I made sure that the bathroom window was the one he was aiming at. Just then I panic stricken look washed over hubby's face and I headed up the stairs 3 at a time.

As I walked across the bedroom carpet heading to the bathroom my feet got wetter and wetter the closer I got. Yes, the window was open and he had been spraying it for a good 2 minutes before he realised. He came upstairs and we laughed so hard. The bathroom was flooded. The light fixtures were dripping, the floor was an ocean and everything in between was floating away.

All he said was: I hope my new glasses arrive soon!

So if any one is looking for a hubby, mine needs a new home! It has to be a nice home cos he is a good guy, a really good guy but he needs new glasses.

23 comments:

3D said...

That is a hoot. It is great that you both can laugh at the mishap.

Keep smilin!

Polar Bear said...

That is so funny! You are a better woman than I ~ I wouldn't be laughing, yet.

Janet said...

Dawn,

I'm sorry, but I already have a husband of my own who likes to do things like that. Two in the same house would be....well, disaster! LOL!

That was SOOOOO funny!

Vivian M said...

Oh my! Get him his glasses, quick! I think you might keep hubby though, since finding someone you can laugh with even in a flood is hard, he is definately a keeper!

April said...

He was just taking deep cleaning to a whole new level! LOL...I was crying by the time I got to the end of the post. Patrick said oh my, if you took him in there surly wouldn't be a house left. See, I take after your sweet hubby and that sort of stuff happens all the time around here. :-) And I'm going to be a mom. Poor baby! By-the-way...do you have any more pictures of Rosie that you can post?

Tammie said...

Oh my! You have me ROFLMAO! I can just picture the look on Jacob's face. Either way, it's always a good thing when you can laugh about things like this.

Kris said...

Thank you SO much for a really, really great belly laugh!

Rhonda said...

I SO wouldn't be laughing...yet. ;)

PIPO said...

I'm sorry but that is SO funny. I am still laughing as I type. I'd take him in. Hey, at least he TRIES to help ;0)

Hope the new glasses are in soon.

Snowflowers Mum said...

hey, at least he had good aim! I would think a 'hearing' test would be more in order...

water + glass = gushgushgush

water + air = woooooooosh

simple.

Hayley

Patricia/NYC said...

TOO FUNNY!!! And how wonderful that you both can laugh it off! If that happened in our household, a certain husband I know would definitely NOT be laughing!! (I would though!! lol!)

Pug Mama said...

hee-hee.
I'll trade you one bathroom-soaking hubby, for one has-no-idea-what-color-our-bedroom-has-been-for-almost-two-years hubby.

Pug Mama said...

blooger ate some of my comment above!
it cut off at
...for-almost-two-years hubby!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Still laughing as I type this and even though I had a great pic in my mind I would have loved to see a video.

You guys are a great couple :)

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

what a riot. At least the two of you can laugh about it! :0)

Dannye said...

too funny!! I would offer Jacob mine, but then I would be blind as a bat...and that might not be a good thing either...I can so relate to what happened to poor Jac...he can't help it...he can't see without his "eyes" and he was trying to be helpful...our home is open to him if needed!! love you guys!!

day by day said...

Oh, funny!! Glad you were able to laugh together about it and guess it was better for the bathroom to be soaked than a bedroom, right?

Ashley Winters said...

As someone who desperately needs her glasses (or contacts), I emphathize with your poor hubby. Obviously, his aim was off that day! Hope your house is all dry by now.

Sissy Sarah and Miss Maddy said...

haha that is too funny. oh boy, he does need new glasses. i agree with stacy, i dont think i would be laughing yet.

Shawnstribe said...

oh Dawn, we 'll have him for a while till it all drys out....but then you may want to leave him at home, and come and visit us over the pond ; )
only kidding, im so glad you all had a good laugh
xxxxx
Shawn and Aila Mei

Nikki said...

I love you two! I don't know if I would've been laughing about the flood!
(hope Jakey's glasses come ASAP!)

Julie said...

OMG, that is too funny!

Briana's Mom said...

What a funny story! Ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails