31 Jan 2008

A Day Like No Other.......I hope

I feel as if my Yin ate my Yang today.

It has been a really gruelling day and I am beat. Thank heavens for little girls or one little girl in particular who, through her innocent eyes, can see a silver lining in every cloud.

Yesterday we were supposed to book our tickets. No biggy we have done this 100's of times but somehow things got all snarled up and today we had no tickets. It was alarming and bothersome and WACAP was waiting for us. I am not going to bore you with the drivvle cos we have tickets now and we are leaving a day earlier than planned due to the SNAFU. We head to China on the 13th of February.

As I was frantically emailing WACAP and Jacob was dealing with the airlines I sent Lily on a scavenger hunt. I warned her to stay quiet and told her I would help her with the clues. All was going well until I sent her in search of " a Chinese dolly". She was gone for ages, which I sadly didn't notice due to my preoccupation, when I suddenly heard her calling me. She wasn't yelling as such, it was more like a plea. I went upstairs and when I saw her I told her to wait a second and ran downstairs to grab the camera.

This is what I found!!!!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books




I am apparently more of a blogger than I am caring mum cos I video taped her predicament.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

12 comments:

Nikki said...

Woman, you CRACK ME UP!
And, Lily is hilarious...even does her scavenger hunt in her undies!

Glad she added some comic relief to an otherwise stressful day.

You are goin' to China SO SOON!!!
AHHHH!

Dannye said...

poor Lil....too funny!! she cracks me up as do you....

so glad you guys are the experienced travelers, cuz when it is our time to do this you can give up pointers!! so cool...you'll definitely be our experts....

Special K said...

Thanks for the laugh...even if it was at poor Lily's expense.

My birthday is Feb 13th. I'll be thinking of you on your way to China.

Tammie said...

Oh my gosh! I love hearing Lily yell that she is stuck after you ask what happened. Uh. Statement of the obvious here. I am ROFLMAO!

I have a feeling your China Adventures are going to be so much fun.

Julie said...

OMG! That is too funny! Hope you get your Yang back soon!

3D said...

That is a hoot! I would have done the same thing.

Hope u yinging and yanging more then zigging and zagging.

Keep smilin!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

What a riot but poor Lily.. LOL

so glad you were able to get your tickets. Only 12 more days. WOW.. that will be here before you know it!

Snowflowers Mum said...

bad mummy...

agh on the tickets, but you know, Lily is always able to deliver on comic relief!!

TWO weeks!!! OMG!

We got LOA on Wednesday, it arrived yesterday and we turned it around and overnighted it to our agency...hopefully it will arrive at the CCAA before CNY!

Good luck on your travels! We'll be following your journey!

H

Vivian M said...

My three year old watched the "Lily is stuck" video and asked why she got stuck. I tried explaining to her what Lily was doing, but Kerri just wanted to know why Lily would go in head first, since she always goes in feet first.
I am praying the weather and travel issues in China clear up soon, and am so looking forward to following your journey to Rosie!
PS...keep Lily away from large boxes.

Janet said...

That is SO funny! She is so cute when she giggles!

day by day said...

Oh, that was funny!! Thanks for the laugh...and Lily seemed to think it was quite funny, too. : )

Glad you have your tickets all worked out. I know that can be stressful...you wait and wait and wait and then when it is time to book tickets...it has to be done yesterday!

PIPO said...

Whew...thanks for THAT laugh!

I can only imagine how you'll keep the fun rolling once Rosie is home to add to the mix.

Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails