22 Dec 2007

A Little Slice Of Heaven

Today in the mail we received a DVD of Rosie. I ran to the DVD player at full speed put it in hit play and the display in the screen read: cannot read disc. My heart sank but I bounded up the stairs and ran to our bedroom, put the disc in and on the screen appeared the words: wrong kind of disc. I came bounding back downstairs and shoved and I mean shoved, it into the computer this time I was greeted with the message: windows media player cannot play this type of disc. My mouth fell open and I was close to tears. Jacob, cos he knows me so well, was grabbing the Notebook out of it's case and took the disc from me. This was it if we didn't have success this time we would be out of luck.

It took a bit longer than usual but all of a sudden we got to see our little girl. She has changed so much. She has hair now. Oddly enough she looks alot like Lily did when she was little. The disc was comprised of 3 short clips, one of her in the bath, one of her eating, boy can she pack it away and one of her playing. Her nanny was trying very hard to elicit a smile but she wasn't having any of it. At one point she almost smiled but changed her mind. She was very intently playing with her toys and was not about to do what anybody wanted her to do which was clap her hands. She sat very still and just looked bewildered.

I cried. I cried because she is mine and I can't have her, I cried because she looks so sad, I cried because she just looks lost and lastly I cried because it is what I do!

If anybody wants me I will have my face attached to the Apple and will not be moving until someone says I can get on the plane.

Our very own little slice of heaven and we cannot wait to share her. I must go now, I have my favourite movie to watch.

15 comments:

Nikki said...

Oh, what a sweet gift!
(Rosie will be readily smiling soon! With the three of you in her life, she'll rarely STOP smiling!)
Love you!

Pug Mama said...

What a gift!!!
little does she know how much her mama loves her already!

Patricia/NYC said...

What a great gift!! ANd little does the sweet Rosie know that not only will she be smiling, but LAUGHING like crazy when she is surrounded by you, Jacob & Lily!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

What an awesome little gift to have at this time of year! While it makes your heart hurt to know she is not with you yet.. I'm sure it makes it soar just the same watching to beautiful little clips of your sweet girl... knowing she is doing well while she awaits her forever family.

Blessings

Briana's Mom said...

That was so special! Hoping you will be together very soon!

redmaryjanes said...

How bittersweet. Soon she will be home and she won't be lost or lonely. She will be showered with the love that every child deserves and he Mom will still cry, but tears of joy.

Vivian M said...

Don't fret, she will be all smiles soon enough. And so will you!
Enjoy your favorite movie, I am sure you have it memorized by now. I know I would!

Steffie B. said...

What a beautiful gift to get right before Christmas.....hang in there my friend....you'll be going soon! ;)

Merry Christmas!

Dannye said...

wow, what a wonderful Christmas present...no LOA yet??? Come on CCAA Rosie needs to come home!!!

Tammie said...

The perfect Christmas gift! I can't wait to hear all about you getting TA. Any word yet?

Janet said...

I would cry too. Hang in there, sweetie.

M and M said...

That is amazing.

I can't wait until you can share with us...

Kris said...

Oh man what a gift. And your last sentence to this post? Made ME cry.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I am so happy that you received the gift of that video; amazing!!

Soon Miss Rose will be with you forever.

Huge hugs!

3D said...

Hugs!

Keep smilin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails