23 Dec 2007

Friends, Fun, Food and Festivities

Last night we met up with our friends, Ed, Jenny and Ebby and we took the kiddos out for hamburgers and then off to see the Christmas lights. We met up at their house, since it was on the way, and the kiddies exchanged Christmas gifts. As Ebby opened up his gift my heart sank because I had absent mindedly picked up the wrong gift for him and this toy was completely inappropriate for a 3 yr old. Jenny realised something was wrong by the look of pure horror on my face and handled it in a way that impressed the heck out of me and little Ebby handed over the gift. Jenny is one of the most amazing parents that I know. This morning bright and early we righted the wrong and the little guy got his gift and thankfully he loved it. Man that was a true blonde moment. (note to self: read the tag you MORON.)

Back to last night. We stopped for dinner and the kids had fun. No, don't let this photo fool you they really did have a great time together.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Then it was off to see the same house that we go to each year. These people do a truly incredible job decorating their home and thousands of people visit each year. Sadly the man who lived here died a couple of months ago but his son wants to continue the tradition. They have collection boxes scattered around and they raise money for one of our local cancer hospitals. I hope that everyone donates because so much time and effort is involved in the display and it is such a worthy cause. When you put money in a box they hand you a candy cane. Do you have any idea how many candy canes we had to buy for the kids last night. LOL. I love a good cause.

One small part of it but it has penguins and it seems that many people love pengy's.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Midget Sucking A Candy Cane

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books




And last but not least I found out just how hard taking photos is going to be from here on out. I hear so many of you saying how hard it is to get 2 kids to look at the camera at the same time and last night I got to experience your pain.

Take 1

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Take 2

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Take 3

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Take 4.......thankfully just as I was about to try again Jenny yelled, I got it! She managed to get both kids to look at her and smile. I told you she was good.

The excitement level has risen another 1,000,000,000 points again today. I can't wait until Christmas. I actually think Jacob and I are even worse than Lily.

6 comments:

Dannye said...

I know Jenny is the best...so great with the kids and such a wonderful person!! Looks like you guys had a ball (makes me jealous you got to spend time with the little guy, he is so darling!!)...

a few days closer to Rosie....

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Such fun!! Merry Christmas my friend and hugs to all of you.

Special K said...

Penguins rock!

Cute pics. Merry Christmas!

Tammie said...

What a nice evening! Christmas Eve is when we drive around town looking at how everyone's home is decorated. My parents always took me when I was growing up. Now David & I continue that tradition with Erin.

I love your pics! Ebby & Lily are so darling. I can't wait till Rosie is in the pics too!

Vivian M said...

I love the pictures! Sounds like a womderful time was had by all!
Have a very Merry Chrstmas and have that camera ready on Christmas morning!

Emily said...

I live in Miami too and the Clot's house is one we go to every year too. Don't you just love it? And for such a good cause. We live pretty close to it and so we always go and visit and see their lights. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails