12 Jul 2007

Lily and Sammie. Happy B-day Colin





From Lily's very first day at school she has been attached at the hip to a little girl called Sammie. They stick together like glue. Many months ago when Lily received her first phonecall from a friend it was Sam, when they went on field trips Sammie was right there next to us and so it goes. Lily has wanted to have her over to the house for ages but it hasn't happened until today that is. We, the parents, talked on the phone and it turned out that the only way they could get together was if Sammies mum could drop her off here but not stay. I was fine with this and so were the girls.

Promptly at noon the doorbell rang and 2 shrieking girls were united. The noise level was almost scary, Jacob looked terrified and went outside since he was on the phone. I served lunch but they were much to giddy to eat so they nibbled a bit and took off. I really might as well have been invisible as these 2 played without a moments discord for 5 straight hours. Lily requested that they make cupcakes so I was allowed to be involved but other than that I was an unnecessary disturbance who was occasionally allowed to serve drinks or snacks. Once I was allowed to set up a board game for them. ( for those of you with little ones the games made by Cranium are really super and the kids love them)

This was a really wonderful experience to watch Lily hard at play with no whining, arguments or parental intervention. After Sammie left to go home she rang Lily 3, yes 3, times to thank her and to ask if they can do it again. Well Sammie, we loved having you and of course you can come back, lots of times but since you are only 5 the sleepover you girls want to do so badly will have to wait!

Having friends over is nothing new but the mums usually come too.



The 2 Beauticians (Lily is showing Barbie her face in the mirror, I wonder if Barbie liked it)


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting




Perhaps not the most hygienic way to mix cupcakes but they had fun


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting




Getting Sticky


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting







I want to wish my wonderful BIG brother a very happy birthday today. He is having a milestone birthday and probably won't be reading this for a few days because his partying will take precedence over the blog. Happy Birthday to a truly kind and wonderful person who I am lucky enough to call my brother. Have a wonderful birthday.....month. We love you.

16 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm so glad that Lily has found herself such a wonderful friend in Sammie. It must have been such fun to watch!

Hope your big bro has a wonderful birthday!

3D said...

Fun friend filled day. A cute duo.

Happy Birthday Colin!

Keep smilin!

Kathy and Joel said...

How cute are they?? You never know when a friend will become a lifelong buddy! Here's to your brother!! Happy Birthday!

Beckyb said...

Everybody needs a Sammie!!! I love it and they are both indeed cuties!!!

Dannye said...

what a fun-filled day for Lil and her friend (but sad for you, not being needed like that....)

and a big happy b-day to your bro Colin (don't party too hard Colin!!)

Janet said...

Don't ya just love it when friends come over and they are so busy you hardly know they're there.....perfect!

amy said...

What a special time with friends..I loved those pictures!

Lauren said...

Looks like the girls had an awesome time!!!! Happy B-day to Colin!!!

insanemommy said...

Oh so cute. I think children have little "crushes" on their friends. It's so sweet. I love the pics of the girls on the counter making cupcakes. Yum!

Anonymous said...

I am here.just about to kick start the party in an hour. Sally ius here as i write. thanks for the b.day wishes love b.b. xx
Heres Sally...your blog is great and I am in awe of your patience and get up and go. Colin Looks great, maybe not tomorrow morning. I love you all and hope to see you soon. Take care of each other. love me x

Julie said...

Ahhh ... 2 girls baking cupcakes! That is what I loved to do when I was that age!

Gracie said...

Cute pics and happy birthday to your brother..... definently some priceless pictures on this post!

Steffie B. said...

They are just too cute! Have a great weekend!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday to your brother! Those two girls look great together. It reminds of when I was little and my best friend Mindy would come over. We still keep in touch!

Emmie said...

aww..too cute! I remember the days..:) Looks like they had a blast! Those cupcakes sure do look yummy as well!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday to your brother. So glad Sammie and Lily had a blast together.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails