8 Jul 2007

Gardening.

The word gardening implies a wonderful time spent nurturing the earth and flowers. Well let me tell you that is not how "The Jakemeister" does gardening. He is more of beat the shrubs into submission type of gardener. Divide and conquer is his motto.

We haven't done a thing to our front yard since we moved in except add a few doodads and a pot of flowers here and there and we have never liked the "landscaping" and have always planned on changing it. Today was the day.

We set off to the nursery, we live one block away from a part of Miami called Horse Country and nurseries are on every street corner, to see what we wanted. We picked out some stuff, pavers, plants, a gardenia bush to honour my MIL and a few other things and headed back to set to work. We had to pull out 2 large shrubs and a pygmy date palm which had thorns the size of Bangkok. With Lily's help the first 2 were reasonably easy but the pygmy had a mind of it's own. At one point hubby attached it to the back of his SUV and hit the gas but the bloody thing still wouldn't budge. By now Lily had had enough so she went and got her chalk and decided hopscotch was alot more fun. I agreed but the manic gardener wouldn't let me leave. It was only about 94 degrees here today so you can imagine the delightful time I was having. We finally got it free and then set to work putting down some pavers and filling in holes. It took so long that all we had time to do at this point was shower and head off to the closest restaurant, starving hungry. We will finish tomorrow. Send me your good luck vibes cos this hubby of mine is off his rocker, fallen out of his tree, one sandwich short of a picnic, you get the drift!

The before

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


The Team

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Abandon Ship

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


All CLean!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

13 comments:

Special K said...

Just stay away from the poison ivy! Do you even have that in Florida?? Hope not..it's miserable.

Janet said...

Yuck. Gardening. I just leave that to the professionals......

PIPO said...

Eww...I hate tugging stuff out of the ground. I always end up on my arse ;0)

Hmmm...'thorns the size of Bangkok'? Now that is something I might like to see :0)

Dannye said...

your garden is gonna be spectacular!! and I'm with Lily, I'd rather play hopscotch than garden too...told you smart gal!!

amy said...

YOu guys have been busy. Cant wait to see more pics!

Holly said...

Yeah I think I'd have to go with Lily on that one. Hopscotch beats gardening :- )

3D said...

See my thumbs (showing you my thumbs)? They are black for a reason.

I am more the hopscotch type anyways.

Keep smilin!

Lauren said...

Looks like you all had fun in a kinda weird way...LOL!!! I love gardening!

Kris said...

It's like I love the RESULT of gardening, but just can't find the joy in all the work getting there! Give me hopskotch!

Anonymous said...

So no greenfingers over there then.lol b.b.xx

Emmie said...

Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

redmaryjanes said...

It's going to be beautiful! Worth all of the sweat! Those plant will be in submission anmy minute now.

crazylady said...

now thats a 'hoe down' event

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails