19 Jul 2007

Beached

Today we spent the afternoon at the beach with some really great friends. It was pure bliss. The kiddies had fun we were all so relaxed and then someone who will remain nameless said if we wanted to beat traffic we needed to leave now! So we trekked to the car, sand and all and headed off of the Key and into the worst rush hour traffic known to man. I knew it would take forever to get home and I really didn't want Miss Lil to fall asleep in the car so I did what all good mummy's do and I bribed her. "Lily I will give you $1 if you can stay awake all the way home, but I know you won't be able to do it". Money apparently talks even at this tender young age cos the little whippersnapper kept her eyes open and her mouth in gear for the whole trip and as soon as we pulled into the driveway she squealed, "you owe me one dollar".

Pic's from the beach

Ed, Jenny and the adorable Ebby (for those new to this blog Ebby is not his real name but the way Lily pronounce Evan when he was born. Somehow it stuck and he has always been Ebby to us) I love the little guy he is just so gorgeous.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


If you don't know who this is you are in worse shape than me.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

14 comments:

Gracie said...

Cute Photos, looks like you guys had fun!!!!!! Love the pic of the lighthouse!

insanemommy said...

Well it's Posh Spice of course! Right?!?! Gorgeous.

Nikki said...

Beautiful pictures as always, Dahling!
Sorry about the traffic, but there is nothin' like a good bribe to keep the kiddos up...I still use candy, but I'm guessing it won't be long before the almighty dollar will do the trick.

Holly said...

What a beautiful beach! Sounds like you guys had a great time!

amy said...

Looks like everyone had a good time!

aimeeg said...

That is hilarious! Glad you had fun.

3D said...

Never leave paradise like that to beat traffic! Looks wonderful.

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

Look at you gorgeous beachcombers~

I wanted to let you know that tomorrow I am hosting a blog baby shower for Elizabeth at Dragonfly and Ladybug, so come by for some fun and prizes!

Janet said...

FUN! I love the beach. Love the dollar story. Yep, money talks, all right!

M and M said...

Looks like another great day!

I love that Lily stayed awake for her $1.

Lauren said...

Sounds like you had a terrific time!

E said...

Thank yo so much for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog about my new little girl. Your pictures are inspiring as where I'm at it's raining and has been for a couple days.

Steffie B. said...

Looks fabulous!

Jenny said...

Well, I took the Coconut Grove Ocean Drive route and got home in 25 minutes... Sorry Dawn& Lily...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails