5 Jun 2007

Childs Play

Lily's actual birthday is in fact tomorrow but in Chinese tradition since we could not have her party on the actual day we had it before. Apparently you never celebrate their birthdays after the actual day always before it and who am I to mess with traditons that are thousands of years old. I am not about to jinx my kid for a whole year.

Since her party is already over and done with tomorrow will be just a quiet day with family and friends. We needed another birthday cake so we decided to make this one and Lily wanted a ladybug one and wanted to do the whole thing herself. It was hard for me to stand back and let her do it but I did and here is the result. I think she did extremely well. (I told you before she was smart)


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


I love this photo with her standing in her undies. My kid is NEVER fully dressed....you may have noticed. It's a godd thing we live in a warm climate.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

20 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday Lily!!!

Janet said...

That is an ADORABLE cake! Good job, Lily! And Happy Birthday!

PS- I have a child who thinks she's a nudist too. What can you do? :-)

3D said...

What a great cake Lily!

Keep smilin!

crazylady said...

everything about your post made me smile.

Kris said...

I can't even make a cake period, much less one that adorable. She's got talent, this one. Happy bday cutie pie! (Or should I say cutie cake?!)

Nikki said...

Wow! Lily did a fantastic job with that ladybug cake -- it looks beautiful AND delicious!

My Lily likes to walk around naked all the time, too. But, at least when she sat in the frosting you only had to clean her panties, right!?

Happy Birthday sweet Lily...enjoy your very special day.

Judy said...

I loved the pic and videos. What a smart and talented little girl she is! Happy Birthday Lily!!

Judy

PIPO said...

Awesome cake! I'm impressed Ms. Lily!!!

Hey, at least she likes 'normal' big girl panties and isn't cruising the thongs yet.

Dannye said...

I am sooo jealous....love the ladybug cake....can Lily make me a ladybug cake for my birthday too???? hehe

how very cool!! happy birthday Lil!!

Special K said...

Beautiful cake! I love how she explained which parts you did and which parts she did.

Oh.. and the pantie/frosting story was hilarious! I actually laughed out loud at that one.

Steffie B. said...

Happy Birthday Lily.....I didn't know that about celebrating before and not after! Thanks for that little tid bit! That cake just looks tooooooooo yummy! ;)

aimeeg said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!!!

Polar Bear said...

EXCELLENT Job Lily!

I love the cake, it is so cute. You did a wonderful job.
The video with the ducky slippers is too cute!

Hope the cake tasted as good as it looked!

Thanks for the tidbit about the Chinese tradition. I didn't know that.

Beckyb said...

LOVE the cake - how cute is that?!?! And loved the whole process - that Lily is a hoot!! Happy Birthday little one!!

Patricia/NYC said...

Happy Birthday, Lily!!
LOVE the cake! And the frosting story really made me laugh out loud!

Lily has the CUTEST voice & a very infectious laugh! :)

Enjoy your day!
Patricia/NYC
Lucky momma to a sweetie from Hubei who is 2 1/2 TODAY!

Emmie said...

That cake is beautiful! You two are quite the bakers over there! :)
Hope Lily has a great birthday!
I just loved her little giggle at the end of the last video..too cute! :)

M and M said...

I love the cake. Your looks better then mine did!

Happy Birthday to Lily!!!

Anonymous said...

Good Lord,sorry to have missed Lily's birthday.However will get Jon to show me how to take a photo of our resident lady bug/bird to send to you.Love jon and colinxxx

Holly said...

What an adorable cake. I absolutely love her duckie slippers! too cute.

shuey6 said...

that is the cutest darn cake I've ever seen, and here's to baking in our underwear like Lilly! Hurrah! Happy Birthday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails