25 May 2007

A Classic Example Of Why I Laugh



Shortly after moving in to this house we started getting phone calls in the middle of the night. It was a fax machine and all we would get would be beeps but it was frightfully annoying at 3.am. The phone company said there was nothing they could do unless we wanted to change our phone number. We didn't want to do that cos we had only just got it and for those of you that have followed us for a while know that we have moved 13 times in 20 years so another number change was not about to happen. We decided to just turn the ringers off on the phone in our room. Problem solved, well sort of. Now the problem is that when we are upstairs we don't hear the phone. I thought of a way to help with that, I would teach Lily to answer the phone. I thought all kids liked answering the phone but Lily isn't overly impressed and will do it occasionally. I have taught her exactly what she can and cannot say and she does really well when she feels like it.




Where is this epic tale going you ask? Fast forward to this afternoon. I was in the kitchen and the phone rang and she answered it. This is what followed.

Lily: Hello, who is it ?
Oh Hi Goo Goo how are you?
Is it tonight the night that you come to our house?
What?
(she then repeats the sentence again)
Oh, I thought you were coming tonight. When are you coming? Is Mummy giving you a massage?


(she has now walked into the kitchen and I asked if I could have a word with Goo Goo)

Lily: Mummy wants to talk to you.I love you Goo Goo, bye.

Dawn: Hi CF.


And this is the part that just cracked me up............... instead of Goo Goo being on the other end of the phone I hear a lady's voice say, "I'm sorry, I have the wrong number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I absolutely lost it. I laughed so hard. Lily asked me 3 times what was so funny and I couldn't answer her. When I finally told her she just looked at me and said, "Oy Gevalt, I am so embarrassed!"

It was classic, just classic. Now I bet she will never answer the phone again!

14 comments:

Janet said...

That is PRICELESS! And also EXACTLY why I won't let my children answer the phone. It's just waaay too dangerous.....:-)

Dannye said...

I have an embarrassing phone story that I may share with you guys someday (let's just say that Katy still hasn't forgiven me...hehe)...it's quite alright!!

too funny!!

3D said...

That is a riot! Her Oy Gevalt is the best! What a character.

Keep smilin!

Kathy and Joel said...

Hee hee!!! She is a laugh a minute over there! What a character!

Steffie B. said...

That is GREAT! I can't wait until Sophia answers the phone! Lily is so funny!

Polar Bear said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!

I bet the lady was wondering about that massage though! LOL

PIPO said...

Now THAT is one I would have loved to see on video. That kid is a riot.

Kris said...

Oh that IS classic. She is quite the character!

Holly said...

That is hilarious! Too funny!!

aimeeg said...

That is so great! A wonderful way to get rid of telemarketers!

redmaryjanes said...

That is too cute~! She did such a great job, but it was the wrong person. Poor honey.

Beckyb said...

You need to let her answer when the telemarketers call!!!

Nikki said...

I love that!
Does she really say "Gevalt"? I have never heard of that.
She is soooo funny.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Oh Gevalt; Lily is just too funny. I had to tell this one to a few people it was so cute.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails