23 Mar 2007

Under Construction

No, no, not the blog that would take some techy prowess. I keep telling myself it's going to happen ever since new blogger sucked me into it's vortex but apparently it's not. Our house is under construction. Well not the whole thing just one room but it's awful. ( my dad and his wife are rolling on the floor laughing at me grumbling about one room cos they have just gutted and rebuilt a 400 yr old house and this to them is a day off!)

We have finally got to the bottom of the hurricane damage from 2 years ago with the insurance company and we are now having the work done. Most of the stuff we had to do without them cos things like rooves are basically quite helpful. As this was cosmetic we left it since it is in a room we don't even use.

So today I had men with messy boots traipsing in and out, up and down, to and fro for hours and they are coming back to do it all again on Monday. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy ?! In some aspects it is quite fun cos this will be Chopsticks room and I have all the paint picked out and the idea is ready to go but I am a self confessed clean freak and I am very obsessive about mess and things being in their rightful place and basically this is giving me a nervous twitch and an itchy brain. So right now I have to breathe deeply cos this mess is my life.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Tonight was our Mandarin class and it was great. Lily is really picking it up fast and I love seeing all the children yipping away in Chinese. After the lesson the kids got to play and we were all taught how to make dumplings and then we all sat down and ate. It was so much fun and dumplings are one of Lily's all time favourites and now I know how to make them. I am not a great cook, I cook cos we need to eat but I do not enjoy it. But move over Yan cos I can cook too now!

8 comments:

Dannye said...

and Jacob is letting you get Chopsticks' room ready?? more power to ya!!

Polar Bear said...

What fun. Don't you just love (HATE) the dust that comes from dry wall. I feel for you.

Can't wait to see pictures of the finished project!

Kathy and Joel said...

Good luck, sweet girl! I HAT it when my house is upheaved for anything. Looking forward to seeing what the finished look is!

redmaryjanes said...

I hope that the construction work goes well and that you are at perfect peace with how the house looks when they are done. I look forward to seeing it!

PIPO said...

You are gonna LOVE it Ms. Neat-n-Tidy It will be well worth the mess.

Of course, this is comiung from a former neat-n-tidy who has become accustomed to house hell over the past year ;0)

I'll send ya a sweat sock.

Beckyb said...

Oh gosh - been there and done that - just this year!!! Our whole basement thing was such a mess!! It's done now and I love it - so it was worth it, but in the process all I did was follow my husband around with a vacuum - and I don't even think it helped!!!

3D said...

It is a huge pain but SO worth it in the end.

I too am a clean freak so when reno is being done...I go into overdrive!

Good luck and can not wait to see pic of the finished room.

Keep smilin!

Nikki said...

Keep breathing and thinking of the end result! (It would be drivin' me crazy too)...we all look forward to seeing Chopstick's room when it is ready.

Are dumplings easy to make?
I am a horrible cook, but if something is easy enough I'd give it a shot.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails