20 Mar 2007

Another job, jobbed


This morning Jacob and I had our fingerprint appointment. The office that we have to go to is jampacked with people regardless of what time you go and you wait for hours and I always need a shower once we get home because it is so nasty in there. We had a 10.15 appointment and I even made arrangements to have someone pick up Lily from school at 2pm cos I know this place is S-L-O-W. When we arrived the it was reasonably quiet and we were in and out in 40 minutes! We were so impressed. The Miami UCIS (or whatever they are calling themselves this week) is currently taking 90 days to process the I600a with no exceptions, or at least that is what they are telling people over the phone however a friend of ours received hers in 14 days! We will wait with baited breath.
Since things moved along alot faster than we anticipated we headed off to do some shopping and found new bamboo blinds for the living room and then I found sheets for the baby's bed. I think Jacob nearly fainted when I bought them even though I asked him if he would be OK cos he is so superstitous and doesn't think we should get anything until we receive her referral. And talking of "her" if you have followed this journey for any time you know that Lily chose the name Molly for her sister but it seems that her name has changed and I am very happy about the replacement. I am not spilling the beans this time around she will still be known as Chopstick to us. (Yes that is why we are called Eggrolls and Chopsticks) my mum named Lily, Eggroll and that is all we ever called her until her referral since my mum also was very superstitous.

15 comments:

Kathy and Joel said...

Good luck with the waiting and I cannot wait to hear what Chopstick's name will be!

Nikki said...

Glad things went so well today, and good for you for buying sheets for little chopsticks.
Not going to be Molly????
Hmmmm... I am so curious now!

Dannye said...

we can't wait to hear chopstick's name either, how very cool about the short wait at USCIS...

P.S. How's your dad doing??

tundrachica said...

isn't it great when the hurry up and wait is just hurry up? Then to do some shopping? That sounds like a pretty good day!
I like the name Chopsticks. :)

Patricia/NYC said...

I hope your wait for the golden ticket will be surprisingly short!
Lily continues to make me smile! I swear I see the future when I read your blog! ;)

Patricia/NYC
lucky momma to a sweetie from Hubei

3D said...

Good luck with the prints. Hope it is a short wait.

LOVE the nicknames and thanks for sharing the history behind the name of your blog.

Keep smilin!

Beckyb said...

Oh man - I just get so excited when I hear you talking about shopping for "Chopsticks" ~ how fun is that?!?!? So glad to hear your fingerprinting appointment went well - that's always a relief.

Polar Bear said...

Wow! I can't believe we are having to do all that work again. I guess it will give us something to do. I'll keep my fingers crossed you get your papers quickly!

Very cute story about Eggroll. I bet Chopsticks name will change a few more times if Lily is like my niece. :)

simply t said...

Just copied my forms today to redo the fingerprints. We went to the Biscayne Dr. one and was in and out of there in 15 minutes, I was totally not expecting that!

PIPO said...

Glad it was a speedy trip on the prints.

Now I know the story behind the blog name...very cute. Wait....chopsticks come in PAIRS.

Ann said...

Glad your fingerprints didn't change since the last time you did them....note sarcaism. We'll be redoing those along with everything else in a couple of months too, so I feel for you.

Oh and Jon and I have a nickname for our child, but it's so politically incorrect that I've yet to mention it on the blog. But I swear when ever anyone refers to him they use the nickname!! It's cute, some people thought it really was the name we picked out!!

Jenna said...

I had to laugh when I realized what the eggrolls and chopsticks were. I thought you and Jacob were the chopsticks and the girls were the eggrolls.

redmaryjanes said...

Now I'm all curious about chopstick's name...

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I am still stuck in line at Miami USCIS..day 47 and counting :( I am also still waiting for PA from China.

I am just catching up as I have been in this silly funk.

Thanks for your sweet words and I hope that your dad is feeling better soon.

Hugs!

M and M said...

It is always nice when things go better then expected!

Can't wait to hear Chopsticks name!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails