20 Feb 2007

Determined or Stubborn? You decide

Just over a week ago Lily and I were at the park and she realised she was tall enough to reach the monkey bars with just a little leg up from me. She tried and tried to make it across but couldn't quite do it. In the end her hands were so sore that I made her stop. At the beginning of this week we were at the park again and she almost did it herself. Again she wouldn't stop until her hands were blistered. She then asked her dad to take her back yesterday and she finally made it all the way across and back. And now she won't stop.
Once she makes her mind up to do something nothing nor nobody can get in her way. This is one stubborn little chickadee. But I think it is a good thing because she has got drive, and tonnes of it!

Here is her timeline in videos. Her little face shows some true grit. I know my dad will be proud of her cos his mantra in life is, if at first you don't succeed try, try again.
So I now have a 4 yr old little girl with hands like a 70 yr old farmer. But she is proud, oh so proud. Me too. I just need to work on those hands for her.


Saturday Feb 10th

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Feb 17th. Take 1

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Take 2

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Yesterday after much blood, sweat and tears...she did it!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

18 comments:

3D said...

Yeah!! True grit! She is a determined little bunny and with that attitude, she will succeed at everything she tries.

Keep smilin!

Patricia/NYC said...

YAY, Lily!!
Boy, does she remind me of a certain little spirited 2 yr. old from Hubei! ;)

These Hubei girls sure are determined!
Go Lily!
Patricia/NYC

Beckyb said...

It's a good thing, Mom!!! I love to see her "spirit"!!!

Special K said...

Good for Lily! She's a tough cookie!

Andie said...

Well done Lily, when I was staying we struggled to do it between us, you do learn quickily. I was swinging along with you while watching the videos.

colin said...

Well done lily.Am so proud of you.was willing you to do it.Good for you.Colinx

Kathy and Joel said...

I love me a gir who is determined AND stubborn. Good for her. I'm sure it makes for some challenging situations, though. :)

aimeeg said...

Very determined, but stubborn isn't necessarily always bad:)

Polar Bear said...

I am so impressed! She will be able to do anything she sets her mind to.

YEAH Lily!!!!

SARA said...

Yay! She made it! I'd say you have one determined little monkey on your hands! That determination will take her far in life! What a cutie!

PIPO said...

Wahoo Lily! That rocks!

Girlfriend is gonna have a grip like a vise! Nothin' wrong with that :0)

Nikki said...

Oh Dawn, she did SUCH a good job!
I am so proud over here -- and I think I may have just taken a peek into my future!

elizabeth said...

That was awesome! It looks so difficult to be swinging by one arm. It was nice how the other kids were cheering her on. Go Lily!

Dannye said...

Wow, I couldn't help myself, I was cheering Lily along, in each step and each video. It brought back such great memories for me when I was a gymnast (many many moons ago, when my body was alot littler and more flexible). It's cool to see Lily so determined and so good at all she does. I'm proud of her (and without even meeting her yet in person). Way to go Lily!!!

Gina said...

Yeah Lily! Thanks for sharing. It made me smile. She is determined for sure.

gina

Steffie B. said...

Oh, our little Miss Sophia is a strong willed one as well. Give Lily our Hip-hip-hooray..... Great job....you go getter you!

tundrachica said...

Makes me think of my M when he was four and wanting to do all that stuff. He was just as stubborn and determined. It's great to see them accomplish goals for themselves. Way to go Lily!

M and M said...

I was sitting here holding my breath in hopes that Lily would make it across!

I clapped for her when she did!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails