10 Jan 2007

Little Monkey

This child of ours was born in the year of the horse but I swear she should have been a monkey. From day one she has been a climber and nothing stops her. One of the very first things I noticed about her was a very raw and red scar on the "bridge" of her nose that was both fresh and deep. When we met with the orphanage director she said that she had just had stitches removed from a nasty fall off of a table onto a chair and finally onto the floor. She was 14 months old. Her foster mother had turned her back for a second and Lily had managed this mountaineering feat. Did it scare her? Heck no. In fact I think it made her more curious and she just climbed even more. At the playground she always found a way to the top of stuff and scared the living daylights out of me. Jacob taught her how to climb and how to descend since it seemed the best way to deal with her however that didn't do much for making me feel better either. I would have heart attack after heart attack as I would see her climb to the top of all the equipment. This kid can slip her feet into the tiniest crevices for a foothold and just keep going.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Is something wrong Mama?

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


What are you doing up there Lily?

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my friend, you know I can totally relate! Lily scares the crap outta me with her crazy acrobatics and I CANNOT get her to keep her feet on the ground.

Pug Mama said...

OMG, Your little 'monkey' is soooo cute. My boys manage to climb up anything as well.

3D said...

Kids are fearless! Unfortunately we as adults are not. She is a cutie climbing monkey for sure!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

I see many trips to the ER in your future! ;(

Anonymous said...

I hear you - they can be so daring - those little ones!! But would we want it any other way?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

Not only is she a little monkey she may be bit of a daredevil as well! Nothing like a brave kid!

Anonymous said...

She is a very cte monkey indeed! :)

Ann said...

She's a daredevil she is. Maybe she'll be a stuntwoman in Hollywood!!

Anonymous said...

Cute little climber! She is a Cirque de Soleil girl just waiting to happen. :)

PIPO said...

I think that's great. Ms. Lily clearly has no fear of heights and scaling them!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails