17 Jan 2007

Finally, A Pet For Lily.

Yes, you read that correctly, shocking isn't it?

It probably isn't what you would consider a pet but Lily is over the moon and all happy with herself and the credit goes to my dear friend Despo and her whacky gift giving knack. I received a voice message at 8.20 this morning from her but me being me never actually turned my phone on until 9.40! She said that we had to meet up today because Lilys Christmas gift had arrived at her house and it couldn't wait. I had a hectic day today and things weren't looking good for meeting up so she told me what it was and how this thing would die if Lily didn't get it today. Well, that is the kind of guilt trip I can do without so we drove over to her house after school so that Lily could receive her first ever pet, a froglet! I kept Lily in the dark and Despo's boys met us in the driveway all excited to see Lily and give her, her Froglet.

I have no idea what this container is for but the boys are giddy so I am too!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Wow, this container is making us nutty

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


I gotta a pet! I gotta pet and I'm building it a house!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


My very own FROGLETS, oh my! This is just way to exciting.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


After the excitement died down to a normal Lily level we drove home in hideous rush hour traffic and Lily watched over her 4 little froglets and I am happy to say they made it home OK with no evidence of motion sickness. She wanted very badly to have them in her bedroom so that they wouldnt be lonely while they slept but I managed to talk her out of it. As for Despo, yes, she is still a friend but yucky nasty froglets.....what was she thinking? She has some too and her boys are just as giddy as Lily is over them. She pulled me aside as we were leaving and said, someone told me they dont live very long. Oh great, I hope she tells Lily this!

These are special little tadpoles that grow into "froglets" and they stay in the water and dont grow very big. They came complete in this little kit with all the food and everything. It is actually rather clever but never the less the are a tad creepy as they are see thru, which of course my kid thinks is wonderful and she has already taken a magnifying glass to the poor little guys!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cute! "Froglet" is not a term I have heard before (and I'm a science teacher). I feel silly!
Lily is so sweet in those pictures and I'm sure she will take great care of her 'babies'.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo happy for Lily. Watching her face absolutely LIGHT UP when she put the little froglets in their new home was priceless. I can't wait to show Lily Lin in the morning...she'll probably want her own. uh-oh.

PIPO said...

Heehee...I can just hear the enthusiasm in your voice ;0)

Well, I suppose as long as she doesn't take a magnifying glass under direct sunlight to them...

Too cute, Ms. Lily is.

elizabeth said...

I love how Lily is just bursting with enthusiasm. Her little laugh makes me think she knows you are not too keen on the froglets =) Let us know what names she gives them. I'm sure she'll come up with some great ones!

3D said...

Yeah for the pet but eewww...see thru? Good luck! I am gald you explained what they were as I had no idea what a froglet was.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

A FROGLET??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? That is the BESTEST present in the whole world. Anything frog is great, froglets included, and how can you be "ewww'd" out by a frog, they are adorable and cuddly (okay maybe not cuddly, but definitely adorable).

I am jealous =)

Anonymous said...

YUCK......I'm thrilled for Lily, but there is no way I will ever let anything "reptilian" in my home! lol Even with a boy! Not to mention that frogs freak me right out! You are a better Mom then me! Next thing you know she'll have one in your bed! lol

Anonymous said...

YUCK......I'm thrilled for Lily, but there is no way I will ever let anything "reptilian" in my home! lol Even with a boy! Not to mention that frogs freak me right out! You are a better Mom then me! Next thing you know she'll have one in your bed! lol

Anonymous said...

Froglets - I LOVE it!!! I am jealous - I love reptiles, etc. and my husband won't allow such in the house - (CHICKEN!!) SO here I sit - I'll have to live life through your froglets - keep us posted!! Lily looks so excited - what a fun day!

Anonymous said...

Like mother, like daughter- i say yuck too! :) I hate frogs, reptiles and all that slimy stuff. But, since they are so small and don't grow to be that big they might be OK! It's really cool for Lily though! What a good mom you are to let her keep them. (even though you probaly really didnt have a choice, lol) What are you going to do when they die!? Now, that you started the whole pet thing it may never stop! lol Once these die you'll have to get more or a fish or something! lol

Ann said...

Awwww, I think it's cute. if you don't like the froglets you could always get her a PUPPY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails