28 Dec 2006

Rubber Down

For those of you unfamiliar with biker talk, "rubber down" is something bikers say to each other before they ride and it means what is says. In other words keep your tires on the tarmac and don't wreck. I know this stuff cos Jakey used to be a Harley dude, yes, hard to believe looking at him now but it is true.

Anyhoo, now we have to say it to Miss Lil cos our little girl learnt to ride her bike without training wheels yesterday. Huge huh? We are bursting with pride here. She is still a bit wobbley (huge understatement) but she licked it and is so darned proud of herself. I felt a bit bad today when another mother told me she is way to young. I have no idea when this is meant to happen or if there is an appropriate age but I just decided to give it a shot and she went for it. Jacob took her out again this morning and she flew so she graduated to the pavement and really went like the wind. I was a wimp and kept her on the grass yesterday cos I didn't want her to fall and get hurt and scare herself. Oh yeah, I am getting a great workout....pant pant.


Getting psyched up

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


OK I am ready mummy

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


20 minutes later.....tada

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


One of many wrecks. Before she even hit the ground she would yell, I'm OK.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am just beaming with pride over here! Lily IS a champion and I can't wait to show Lily Lin the video -- it is sure to be her new favorite!

Dannye said...

hehehe that is the hardest I have laughed in a long time, I love that Lily yells "I'm okay" before she even hits the ground, she is great!!!

We are so proud of her, way to go Lily.

Anonymous said...

Well, well, well! That's just wonderful! Way to go, Lily!

Anonymous said...

That's great! Lily is doind soo well. I'm sure you're very proud. :)

PIPO said...

Good sport! I love it :0)

Hah, someone said she's too young. Why hold a child back who is so ready and interested???

Anonymous said...

Thanks for goin back to the beginning of my blog, but as you saw, I only started earlier this month.
Lily was 10 months old when we adopted her.

elizabeth said...

What a trooper! I think it's great that she wants off with the training wheels. I don't see why anyone would pooh pooh that. Good idea about starting on the grass, by the way =) Go Lily!

3D said...

Good for Lily!

You know her best and what she can handle or not. Go with it!

Keep smilin!

colin said...

so proud.bruvxx

Ann said...

Yay!!! Lily is mobile now!!! She did a great job. It sounded like a hurricane in the first video, poor thing the wind was knocking her over. As always she puts a smile on my face!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails