8 Nov 2006

You Talk Funny




As most of you are aware I am a foreigner! I know the horror of it all, I snuck in over the border when no one was watching. Actually I have lived here longer than I lived in England but I still have an English accent and my dearest child is becoming very aware of it!This morning as she was getting ready for school I told her to get her shoes on and she asked me where they were so I told her they were in the basket by the front door. She turned to me and said, "basket, whats a basket?" she said it in her best British accent which reduced her and her daddy into fits of giggles.This has been happening a lot lately with all the words that I say differently than her. So I think it is time to take her home for a quikie trip so that she will be the odd one out! That should put her little bum straight. When she is at "home" we all laugh as she runs around screeching Nanny and Grandpa and sounding like one of the Waltons!I will have to try and get her on video impersonating me because it is really funny and she is really good at it. The cheeky little devil. Okay I have it on video now so you can see it for yourselves.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

9 comments:

3D said...

The nerve! I am sure your accent is great and they are just jealous that they don't have one.

Keep smilin!

Colleen said...

That is absolutley hillarious. My husband and I were laughing so hard. What a little cutie pie.

Personally...I LOVE an English accent and wish I had one.

Joannah said...

Too funny!

I like your expression - cheaky, little monkey! I'll have to try that one.

Ann said...

I love her comparassion of a very distinguished English accent and the the country bumpkin American accent. Too funny

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

That was so funny. when my children were very small, I had a nanny from England. (she moved here with her husband and I actually just considered her my baby sitter but she referred to herself as the childrens' nanny). Anyway, the would always try to imitate her accent and it was soo very sweet. The worse thing for me was, we would get into stitches when she would ask for things like "nappies" and I had no clue what she was referring to. Or she would call and ask me for a clean "vest" and again.. I had no clue. (for those of you that don't know, she was asking me for a clean t-shirt)hehe.
I hope you always keep your accent.. I think it's absolutely beautiful

3D said...

That is totally adorable!

Smart little girl.

Keep smilin!

PIPO said...

Love the accent thing.

Oh, the color of that room is just beautiful too....my all-time fave.

Lisa~~ said...

Very funny, I know that the same thing is going to happen in our house. Sometimes I forget how to say a word and I'm not sure when I say it if it's my way or Eammon's.

Andie said...

It seemed that when Lily was younger, she used to have a more English accent, but since she started school, she's lost it.

I also love Jacob's English accent attempts, I'm sure that's why Lily sounds so posh. Do you know what that means there??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails