6 Jul 2013

Summer swim meets...shoot me now

This weekend is the FGC Invitational. To you and I all that means is it's a swim meet. For me it means gather a whole lot of towels, sunscreen, goggles, extra team cap, cooler, Gatorade chews, water, snacks, etc etc and set the alarm clock for 5.30am and drive north.

It was Lilys last long course meet of the season and her first meet as an 11 yr old. A big deal. She was used to swimming at the top of her group ( 10 and under) now she was at the bottom (11 and 12). She is also coming off of the injured list from her broken arm so she was PUMPED.

This was an invitational meet which means it had prelims and finals. She missed finals by 1 place, not sure how many seconds. These sports where 100ths of a second count really make me itch, my brain nearly explodes. She beat all of her old times and was happy with the results and tomorrow we get to go back and do it again. Yippee. And who knows, maybe she will make finals tomorrow. oy.

I can hardly wait to go and stand in the 90 degree sun on a pool deck, melting for hours and hours again. But I will and I'll do it mock cheerfully to cheer on my girl and I'll hope, just like I did today that I get splashed, a lot. The sun was so bright this morning at 10 am that when she was swimming 100m fly I thought I was taking a photo of her but I couldn't actually see anything and this is what I took a picture of, some random womans boob...oopsie.

If you look to the top of the photo you can see a blob in the water, I believe that might be Lil. Thankfully her swimming skills surpass my photography ones. 

I love starting block photos, she is so focused

and she is off
Hmmm, crossed legs, how novel. Good thing Coach missed those!
I think she is praying
answered prayers she won that heat.
I'm so glad both kids love to swim. Lily always makes me laugh because she toddles through practice 5 days a week but put her in a meet and it's Game On. Everything changes. Her Coach has finally figured her out and puts her where he thinks she should be in a meet not where she measures up to in practice and it never fails she pulls it off every single time.

Have fun tomorrow Fish, if you want it, go get it.

4 comments:

ourchinagirls said...

Dawn, did you have the Lifestyle Lift info on your blog for little old me?? Go go Lily! Swim swim go Lily!

Life frome where we are said...

Great pics of the starting block.....boob not so great!

Go Lily!!!!!

Vivian M said...

She looks great - and her arm looks good! Have fun!

Andie said...

Love the first photo, I have many like that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails