10 May 2013

Come h*ll or high water.

Since having her cast removed and being given the all clear to swim with both arms kidlet has been in the pool twice, TWICE. That is pretty sad. The pool has been closed more than it has been open due to inclement weather.

Rosies' favourite coach has taken a sabbatical due to a family situation and has been replaced by Coach Kim. Lily hadn't met Coach Kim until tonight. The intro went something like this, Hi, you must be Rosie's sister. Yes I am. When do you swim? I swim with Coach Vlad but I have just been out for 7 weeks cos I broke my arm and now the pool is always closed because of lightening so I don't get to swim. (insert pathetic face). Well you can swim with me now if you would like. Can I Mummy? If you want to.

Coach Kim and Coach Casey split the littles as they need a lot of eyes on them but tonight since the sky was threatening no one showed up and it looked as if Rosie had 2 coaches to herself. Lily hopped in the pool and got a private lesson with another Olympic Coach. She loved it. Coach Casey took over with her and gave her one on one instruction until some more kids showed up, she was in heaven. Lily has been very down since returning as she has lost so much stamina and muscle mass. I have been working with her and we have been following a strict protein rich diet.....it is all helping. Tonight she proved that she's working hard and that she's still got it.

I took the camera because I wanted some shots of her post arm but she spent ages with the flipping kick board again. Finally she tossed it aside and started really going for it. Coach pulled her out of the pool and worked on her form and the next thing she was flying. She is one determined little kid this one. She has no lofty aspirations she just needs to be the best that SHE can be.


So sick of that kick board
Hi Mummy...I can see you.
Kicking it up a notch.
My favourite stroke
I love how she tucks her head. 
This is a new technique tonight, Coach Casey changed the angle of her arms and how far she is tucking her chin.
I just like this shot. Plus you can clearly see the muscle mass on the right and not the left.
Just because. And looky, the little pickle can finally wear Speedo goggles. Wahoo. No more babyish goggles for my girl.
And just because life is never dull, little one came out of the pool tonight and complained that her ear hurt...A LOT. and she was still complaining after her bath. We have been to the pediatrician already once this week. She was there on Monday with sores on her throat and tongue but her ears were clear.......then. I was told to come back in 2 days if the fever didn't go down or the throat got worse. It didn't. I put her straight to bed. I figured I'd let her get a bit of sleep as I am guessing we might be in for a long night if her ear decides to really really hurt :(

6 comments:

Katherine said...

Swimmer's Ear is always a possibility when spending lots of time in a pool (I swam through high school and had my fair share). Hydrogen peroxide feels bizarre but does a lot of good!

Briana's Mom said...

Lily looks great! She is back in the game!

Sorry about the possible ear infection! Hope she feels better!

Life frome where we are said...

I just love Lily's drive....she is amazing! It won't take her long to be back in form. Hope Rosie is feeling better.

likeschocolate said...

I hope you guys were able to get some sleep. Probably not from the pool given all the other stuff going on, but do you own Witch Hazel. I always put a few drops in my ears after swimming. It dries up the water.

likeschocolate said...

I hope you guys were able to get some sleep. Probably not from the pool given all the other stuff going on, but do you own Witch Hazel. I always put a few drops in my ears after swimming. It dries up the water.

Vivian M said...

Hope Rosie is feeling better. Lily looks like she lost no time getting back into flying form!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails