2 Nov 2011

Rose-isms


I don't take my girls for granted. I spend many hours just looking at them, taking them in. I wonder if it's a dream sometimes because after so many years of waiting it still amazes me that I have TWO children. They make me laugh so hard. Some of the things they say are hilarious. Sometimes they make me pull my hair out and by the time they go to bed I am wishing for a do over.

Yesterday Rosie was on a roll. She didn't know it, she certainly wasn't trying to make me giggle it was just that kind of day.

First thing yesterday morning she appeared in front of me in the kitchen and had a sticker stuck to the area between her upper lip and her nose and announced, "Mummy, I have a mustard". I picked her up put her face level with mine and asked her to tell me again. She did, she had a mustard. I told her to go and tell her daddy. Later on I told her it was a moustache not a mustard but she kept calling it her mustard.

I always try to reinforce what Rosie is learning in school on a daily basis. At the dinner table last night we were talking about rhyming words. Lily would say some and I would say some and then Rosie said, hat and mat. I asked her what rhymed with Rosie and she thought and thought about it before finally deciding on a word. She blurted out, "Rosie rhymes with curtains". Lily and I giggled and I explained all about matching the sound of the word and not the first letter. So then she says, Oh I know I know Rosie rhymes with cake.

We are giving up on rhyming words for today and will try again soon.

He he he.

4 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Curtains!!! You gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

dozy, nosey, rosie.xxxxbb

Jessie said...

What a silly girl! I feel the same way about my girls too and being a mom. I remember leaving China and thinking, 'they're actually letting me take this baby home!' I thoroughly enjoy motherhood! Nancy

Maci Miller said...

She is SO darn cute. Love the "mustard". Don't ya just wanna freeze this time and this age? I am loving it!
We can't wait to see you guys at Disney! Coming up fast! Starting my packing today...woo hoo!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails