15 Sept 2011

Chatty Kathy is not lost after all.

Thank you for all the well wishes for Lily she is doing just fine. Thankfully there is no change at all in her bite so that is really good news. No really it is, brilliant news would be that it has gone down a bit but I'll take staying the same.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

For the first couple of years that Lily attended school I got letters sent home to me at least once a week stating that she talked to much in school. By the end of 2nd grade I was pulling my hair out and using the letters to block my ears from the non-stop chatter. We tried everything and some things worked really well for a while and others were a complete waste of time. Last year went from start to finish without one note being sent home for talking in class. I was quite impressed. It appeared that Chatty Kathy had finally grown up a bit. She finally realised how rude, disruptive and disrespectful she was being.

I knew I shouldn't have gloated about it. Today I received a voicemail from one of her teachers saying that things are a little different with Lily this year. She doesn't stop talking. I wanted to start chanting the words, I can't hear you, over and over again but realised that would do nothing since it was a voicemail and not a live person. I listened to the message twice and then sank into a chair, my heart beating really fast from the disappointment. It wouldn't be so bad but this guy is a nice guy, a great teacher and it is one of her favourite subjects. WTF?

Chatty Kathy is back...so help me god. She has no electronic privileges for a week. She quickly pointed out that that wasn't bad since she doesn't get T.V. on school days anyway. I looked at her with, "the look" and she decided to be quiet.......for once. I wish I could take reading away from her but then she'd get into trouble for not doing her homework.
If things don't improve, or worse, resort back to the way they were, she will be duct taped.

3 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

Oh my.....it sounds like you have a long week ahead!

Andie said...

Good luck with sorting out this one!

Andie said...

Good luck with sorting out this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails