29 May 2011

Reasons to be happy

I don't remember exactly when it was that I posted and asked for prayers for my friend Heather's husband because he had been in a car accident. He was hit by a drunk driver and he had to fight, really hard, to survive. Their life was turned upside down, completely. It appeared that the old adage was true again: bad things happen to good people.

They never stopped looking forward, never stopped fighting and yesterday we attended Heathers baby shower. That is amazing. So many reasons to celebrate this little girl, this family. The shower invitation stated, bring your children and your bathing suits.

I stayed close to the pool. I know Rosie can swim but I can't walk away from her. I missed a lot of the socializing but it didn't matter to me. Jenny and I stayed near the pool, she got it but I managed to convince my girls they really didn't need me and they didn't.We were there and we were celebrating. Once the clouds rolled in and the breeze picked up I plucked a chilly and blue-lipped child from the water and got her dressed. She ate and then started to play on the sand. Then I was able to talk with all the lovely ladies.

Such a wonderful afternoon. Such fun to see life the way it is meant to be.

My camera stayed barely touched in my bag. I should have taken the waterproof one but I didn't. As Heather reached for her last gift I realised.......PHOTOS, oops. When her son came running up to her and handed her a huge pink Hibiscus flower as she was unwrapping gifts it would have been a perfect photo op but I didn't catch that either.


Heather and Jenny.
I would have loved to have eavesdropped the conversations that were taking place between these new found friends.
Lily and her new friends.
Rosie and her new friend....cheetos
I think I can



Thank you so much to Heathers family for inviting to "be happy" with you.
Now we wait, just a little bit longer to meet "her".

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails