31 Jan 2011

Identity Crisis

I think Lily was 4 when she painted and decorated this little birdhouse. It has been hanging on the fence for years now waiting for an occupant. It barely survived Wilma when she blew threw and sustained quite a bit of damage. Jacob put it back together as best he could because Lily was so sad.

Lily is now 8 and still we are waiting for a bird to move in. Today as I was in the kitchen I looked up and noticed something in her bird house. I dashed to the window and this is what I saw.




A lizard! Yes folks she now has an occupant in her birdhouse, an occupant who according to hubby, is having an identity crisis apparently.
Perhaps he thinks if he pretends to be a bird he won't get eaten by one.

The photo isn't very clear as we didn't want to get too close because that would scare him. About an hour later he was sunning himself on the roof.

2 comments:

Life frome where we are said...

It's a very rare sighting....I think they call them Lizwrens!!!!

Maci Miller said...

Too funny!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails