9 Nov 2010

Holiday Photo Time.....again

Every year during October I realise that we need to get our family photos taken in time for the holidays. The first year we did it with Rosie it was hilarious and we must have taken well over 100 shots and only ended up with 2 mediocre photos. Last year I just used some that I had taken myself and they were OK but this year I knew we wanted something better. Don't tell anyone but we haven't had a professional family portrait done since Rosie came home...gasp. All the family photos that are framed are sans the Peanut.

One of our friends dabbles in photography as a hobby. He truly is incredible and has won many awards. You can see his work for yourself here. Richard doesn't take "people" pictures, they are not his thing. A few weeks ago he offered to take some of the girls and we jumped on the offer. I have just spent the last 2 weeks trying to choose a favourite. I think it is this one.



But it might be this one. ( I haven't seen the touched up version of this one yet.



How on earth are you supposed to choose? There were loads and loads of them and I wanted one of each, which of course Richard was fine with but I have to narrow it down to one big one for framing.

8 comments:

Vivian M said...

I could not choose, I would pick both!

Love Letters To China said...

I LOVE both! I must say I think I like the second one just a little bit more. I love how Jacob has his arms around you and Lily. And I love how you're ever so slightly touching Rosie's arm.

Good luck picking one. Either way you've got an amazing Christmas card this year. :-)

Hugs...
Grace

Maci Miller said...

Beautiful! I absolutely love both of them too! Hard choice! So nice of your friend to so beautifully capture your family!

Pam said...

i love them both but the second one seems so natural. I hate to have to pick but you will get it right
Pammie

4D said...

Both are lovely! But I adore the smiles in the first one. Melts my heart.

Keep smilin!

Seeing those smiles reminds me of our time together and how I wish it had been longer. Miss u!

Tammie said...

Love both pics but the 2nd one catches that something extra. Good luck choosing!

Michelle said...

I love the first one. What a beautiful family!

Alyson and Ford said...

You can never have too many! I would frame several in different sizes. Enjoy!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails