29 Oct 2010

A Plethora Of Pumpkins

Golly I just love pumpkin patches. We didn't have Halloween in the UK when I was growing up, it was starting to get big when I was in my late teens but still nothing compared to over here. I had some American friends who explained what they used to do, so a friend and I tried it, very unsuccessfully. We dressed up and went to our first house, knocked on the door and when the man answered we said, TRICK OR TREAT. He looked at us and told us to go home! We did, and giggled the whole way there!

Since Lily has been very under the weather we have not had a chance to take both girls to the pumpkin patch together so this evening I took them both. Rosie was very happy to have Big Lily with her at her school and even happier when we went nowhere near a classroom.

Lily preferred all the unusual shaped ones.




Rosie showing her superhuman strength

The pumpkins are sprouting
We bumped into our friends the "K's" and which was a lovely surprise
Can we have these, please?
Awwww

Apparently choosing the perfect pumpkin is arduous work and Lily nearly needed a respite
Happy girl
Crazy child is trying to fly, it's her latest wish.
I just love all the colours and shapes
Is that the Pumkin Patch Fairy?


Both the girls picked a pumpkin and I think they set records for the tiniest ones ever. Once they are decorated I will post photos.
I find the carving of pumpkins to be utterly revolting so I save that honour for Daddy.

2 comments:

Tammie said...

Gee. I guess I never thought about different countries customs with regard to Halloween! How silly of me! I can just picture your neighbor's face completely annoyed with the bother of 2 young girls knocking at his door with some foolishness. :-)

Personally, I do love pumpkin patches & all that goes along with it. Unfortunately, David isn't into it so we haven't carved pumpkins. Did you at least save the seeds for roasting? They're quite yummy!

Maci Miller said...

These are just wonderful pictures! I especially love the one with Lily holding Rosie. Their costumes are really super cute too. Just gorgeous! And yea, I me some pumpkin patches, too! Had a lot of fall fun this year.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails