15 May 2010

Chef Lily.

This post is bought to you by Chef Lily. Actually it is bought to you by me but is about the fabulous dinner prepared by Chef Lily.
I cashed in my very first Mothers Day coupon last night and went straight for the big one: making dinner. When I first handed it over Lily got a little wriggly and just didn't really know what to do so I told her to look in the fridge and in the cupboards and asked her if there was anything there that she thought she could use. Within minutes she had decided she was going to make toasted cheese sandwiches with clam chowder and raw veggies on the side. Once the decision was made she set to work and I manned the camera. Rosie ran around the island yelling, "the kitchen's on fire" not very helpful but awfully funny.

Lily would not let me help her at all even with the sharp knife that she used to slice the cheese. I hovered around feeling quite useless as she did an amazing job. She flitted from the stove to the island, stirring her soup, slicing tomato's, cutting cheese, toasting bread, arranging raw veggies into little dishes, getting dresses for dips and even set the table and placed a candle on it. Oh wait, I was allowed to light the candle since I was not going to let her do that! I was given a lovely cold glass of milk to drink and I think it complimented my food perfectly.

She pulled it all off and was really pleased with herself, as she should have been. Even Rosie who is an extremely fussy eater complimented the chef at least 10 times. I enjoyed every single bite and could not believe that such a wonderful feast had been prepared by a 7 year old. Lily and I love toasted cheese sammies as opposed to grilled cheese ones and these were superb in my opinion as she loaded them with sliced tomato.








Thank you Lily for a really fabulous dinner, I enjoyed every single morsel and I think you are a wonderful chef.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

great job Lily. I see you have many talents. You can come over anytime and make dinner. Miss you and Rosie. You can always come over to see Coco & Rascal
Pammie

Vivian M said...

Oh... I need Chef Lily's recipe for those yummy looking sandwiches!

Tammie said...

What a lovely & thoughtful gift! Lily is a total sweetheart.

Special K said...

Adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails