1 Dec 2009

"Tis The Season

I know, I know, I distinctly remember saying that I wouldn't be posting today but how can I let the First of December slip by with nary a mention. 

Lily bounded out of bed this morning and immediately started chanting, "pinch punch the first of the month" and hopped down the stairs in search of the advent calender with Rosie hot on her heels dawdling behind looking utterly bewildered.  For the past few years my Uncle has sent Lily an advent calender from England that had chocolate behind every door. I searched high and low for one for her this year but with no luck so we are just using our big Santa one that hangs on the wall and I am doling out the chocolate independently.

We haven't put up our tree or decorated the house and I am quite surprised the HOA hasn't sent us a rude letter as we are nearly the only ones on this block that haven't done so yet.  I just need for it to be December for the tree to be up. I decorate for all the holidays so the big fluffy turkeys and all the Thanksgiving garb has just been laid to rest for the year and I need to be fru-fru free for a few days between decorations.

I fear that we might just have our very own wrecking ball this year with regard to the tree. Last year Rosie was still so timid of anything new that she steered well clear of it but this year I think she will have a need to investigate it rather closely.  In a last ditch effort to find the advent calenders I went to hallm*rk and ended up buying their piano playing Sn00py who plays Christmas songs and Rosie is in love with him and plays with it constantly. If he lives until Christmas I will be amazed. Once I find all the other things that make noise and sing songs she will be in heaven and I will once again be hitting the bottle.

This time of year is so much fun when you get to see it through the eyes of your children.

Ho Ho Ho.

4 comments:

Andie said...

Hi,
We have the same piano-playing Snoopy out here and it has already recieved several threats on his life and it's only the start of the month. A good reason not to decorate before the first of the month I say!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

It really is. We decorate a bit for Hanukkah as well and boy did the kids get into it this year!

Please post pics so that I can see your holiday house :)

Vivian M said...

Can't be as bad as Kerri...she keeps re-arranging all the decorations at whim.

Maci Miller said...

Oh, Christmas is such a fun time with little ones at home! Sounds like you are having fun. We are hoping to go a tree ourselves today and get to more holiday decorating. Such wonderful times! Wishing those beautiful girls all the joys December brings!! And BTW, I love your new blog! Looks great!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails