22 Nov 2009

The Holidays Have Begun.

Yesterday afternoon I took the girls to the annual Christmas parade that officially kicks off the start of the holiday season around here. We arrived really early as that is the only way you can find parking and made the most of our spare time by doing a spot of holiday shopping. I managed to get a couple of gifts purchased without the girls being any the wiser. I am so skilled! The parade is so much fun for the under 10 crowd and so much fun for the under 10's parents too so it is win win situation. The very second it is over we hastily gather our belongings and head to the Crepe M*ker for dinner. Lily loves this place and always orders the same thing. To my delight Rosie ate really well also. I tried to explain Santa to Rosie today but I am not sure that she understands it one bit. I have to be very careful what I say because if I tell her that he comes into her house whilst she is sleeping she will never sleep again. Her fear of strangers and newly acquired fear of someone coming into the house is making any explanation very hard. She already told me, I don't like him, that man. We saw him on a float yesterday and he was wishing everyone Happy Holidays and blowing kisses and she thought he seemed Ok so perhaps when we actually go to visit him she will understand it a bit more. One thing is for sure, that photo should be priceless. The girls eagerly anticipating the start of the parade. The police and fire departments open it every year and the sirens scared the living daylights out of Rosie and it took awhile before she had the courage to become involved in the proceedings after that. Oh well. Some Disney star from the show, Sunny with a Chanc.e. I can't remember what her name is but Lily knows and was really excited and the only reason she turned and looked our way is because Lily was calling, no make that screaming, her name. Billy the Marlin. The not so good juggler. Poor guy had a mishap right in front of us. He looked so forlorn about it. The dragon dancers were really great and the costumes were magnificent. I shall have a look and see if Lily took some photos of the little kids. Hello Kitty. Rosie's hands down favourite. The stilt people...they also scared Rosie. Sometimes you just can't win with her. LOL An exterminating company's bug limo...ewww.

It seems that my posts are always a day behind. I was going to post this last night but realised that would be 2 posts in one day so I saved it in case I don't have anything for today. Pretty lame isn't it but posting every day is rough.

1 comment:

Love Letters To China said...

It looks like you had a great day together. I've never attended that parade. It's so sad that Miami seems a world away from us. We really should try and get the kids together soon. Maybe during the holiday break next month. (I agree this posting every day is exhausting!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails