6 Aug 2009

Some Really Bad Videos

Rosie has decided that swimming is the best thing EVER and all she wants to do is swim. On Monday Jacob took the girls to the pool while I was at work and called me to say that Rosie was officially swimming. On Tuesday I was determined to get back in the pool with her as I didn't want her to lose momentum. She didn't and surprised the dickens out of me by leaping off the side right into the water and swimming back to the side. We have a waterproof camera for occasions such as this but when Jacob was using it on Monday it suddenly filled up with water and is now being repaired. I didn't want to miss out on Rosie's first few days of real swimming so I braved taking both kids and my camera into the pool today which explains the lame quality of the video and why my poor kid ended up choking...bad mama! I tried to tape some of her and asked Lily to help catch Rosie, which she did, really well but not wanting to ruin 2 cameras in one week and let Rosie drown was way to much of a challenge so if I sound a tad stressed that is why. Yes, of course Rosie comes first but you get the idea


Take one


Never a dull moment around these parts.


Swimming and choking
In this one Rosie decides to go further than usual and takes on water and comes up spluttering and choking so the video just ends, very abruptly, as I fish her out...sorry!


This one is of Lily later this afternoon after the swimming when she was riding. The instructor said that Lily rode extremely well and as a reward would let Lily lead the horse back to it's field after she had been cooled off and cleaned up. The kids are never allowed to do this so as you can imagine Lily was proud and really strutted her stuff. I however failed to turn the camera off, yet again, when I was done following her so you get a nice shot of the ground and the wood that is being used to repair the stables with. I am too lazy tonight to fiddle around and edit those 4 seconds out as that will take me an hour.



Here she is getting ready to lead Marquesa back to the field.


Just another day in our life and the best part is that the madness will start all over again in the morning.

2 comments:

Andie said...

Amazing, she is a real water baby, give her a snorkel and she'll never need to learn to breathe while she's swimming. I'm guessing the water is a lot warmer than the last time I swam in that pool!

April said...

I love the videos. I can't believe who BIG Lily is getting! I think Eliana would be brave like Rosie in the pool if only we could keep her going in the right direction I could do swim lessons with her. Maybe next summer...how am I going to do it with two of them????

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails