22 Aug 2009

Making Every Second Count

This is the last week of Lily's summer holiday. Bright and early on Monday morning she returns to the annals of learning....big groan. I started off the week by deciding we needed to start getting up at the time we need to get up in order to be ready for school but we failed miserably at it every single day this week so Monday is going to be thoroughly wretched, oh well.

We have made every second of every day this week count by having tonnes of fun. On Monday Jacob took the girls to the waterpark with a friend of his and suffice to say tonnes of fun was had.






Another highlight was going to visit our dear friend Jenny and her new baby daughter Danielle who was exactly one week old. Rosie just sort of stared at Danielle and didn't really know what to make of her. Is she a toy, is she real? Rosie wasn't to sure but Lily was absolutely awestruck and it was just beautiful. Her eyes got really big and her mouth fell open and she just stared in amazement whilst she gathered her thoughts and her words. When she was finally able to speak she just gushed. I must admit I have never been a real baby person, they scare me a bit cos they are so little but this little girl stole my heart hook line and sinker. I have never ever seen such a more beautiful child, she is perfect. She isn't even wrinkled. Jenny delivered her really really quickly so there wasn't much time to get squashed and wrinkled.



I look so nervous!

Lily had her riding lesson which was great fun and she was a true superstar but I failed to take any photos but if I get one more horse picture on this blog I swear I will barf!

And to make sure we ended the summer holiday on a high note we had a big playdate with Hollis and the girls yesterday. Apparently they had fun. I know this because at one point I looked at my phone and had 4 missed calls and 3 voicemails and nobody had even heard it ring. The noise level in here must have risen by a few thousand decibels. We hadn't noticed we were having just as much fun ourselves.

We had fruit with melted chocolate for desert and the girls loved it. Once they were done Rosie went back and started cleaning up their plates but I busted her! It was odd cos she didn't want any chocolate on her fruit during dinner nor did she eat any pound cake but after everyone was done she was eating all their left overs. Such a classy kid!



One of the calls was Lilys schools saying that they had posted their class lists outside the school for next year so after everyone left we drove over to the school to see what class she would be in. Since she had such a crappy teacher last year we couldn't wait to see who she had this year because it certainly couldn't be any worse than last year...ha ha ha never say never!!!!!
My poor little munchkin, for the first time ever, is in a class with none of her friends, not one. She is so sad! Yes, she has a better teacher, we think, but no friends. Urgghh, she cannot catch a break at this school. Thank god she is a good student. Since last night we have been in a constant pep talk with her. She will be fine, she always is and she is very sociable, actually we wonder if this has something to do with the decision.

Tomorrow we have one more fun filled day and then it is back to school for us. Lots of people are glad when their kids go back to school, I am not one of them. I will miss her, we have had so much fun, I love having my girls with me.

1 comment:

Polar Bear said...

The week before school starts I always have good intentions of getting back on a schedule. It NEVER works.

Good Luck to Lily in her new class!! I am sure she will have new friends by the end of the week. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails