16 Jun 2009

Lucky Leaf My Ar*e

We are back home and I should probably add, safe and sound! We were listed for an 11.am flight yesterday morning and for the first time ever the flight was full and we couldn't get on it. Jacob and I have travelled alot and have never been turned away from a flight. It didn't faze us in the least cos as you know we just roll with the punches and there was another one at 2pm but that one wasn't looking very good either and then there was another one at 7.pm and that was wide open so we knew we would get home at some point.

I was shocked that we didn't get on a flight and surprised at all the bad luck we had been having and then it hit me like a tonne of bricks. The first day we were in Massachusetts I found a 4 leaf clover. I placed it very carefully in the diaper bag and had been carrying it with us wherever we went. All these little accidents that we had had, had happened after I found this so called lucky leaf! Right there and then in the middle of the airport I ripped everything out of the bag until I found my treasure and without a second glance I instructed Lily to throw it in the nearest rubbish bin. She reluctantly did so and asked my why so I told her it was bad luck. Jacob laughed and said that only the Irish get luck from 4 leaf clovers and I am English so what did I expect!

We went and ate lunch bought the kids some souvenirs in the airport shops and then attempted to get on the very heavy 2pm flight. Well, what do you know? Our luck had changed and we boarded and not only did we board an over booked flight but we all sat together and no one got hurt, maimed or otherwise injured, Rosie went straight to sleep, Lily travelled with her usual grace and Jacob and I had fun.

This morning when we woke up my grossly infected knee is looking ten times better, Lily's face is doing great and life is wonderful. I am doing heaps of washing and we are heading out of here first thing in the morning for Tampa to meet up with a family we met in China who has a little girl Lily's age who is from Rosie's orphanage and then we are taking the girls to Busch Gardens cos we need just a bit more excitement. Lily is a bit down in the mouth cos she misses Andie, Fran and Shell. Rosie keeps saying, Wheres Annie? over and over again so a quick pick me up is needed and this time if I see a 4 leaf clover I am going to jump on it and smoosh it into the ground!

Stay tuned for what we hope will only be fun tales and will not include visits with the medics, falls in the pool  and bumps to the head!

3 comments:

MeiLi's Adoption Journey said...

laughing my you know what off!! 4leaf clover ..funny... I'm sure you are glad to be home. I hope all of you recover quickly from your injuries.

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

oh my goodness... where have I been?? I'm sorry I have been such a slacker on the blog comments. I hardly find time to watch bloglines and I all to often forget to check on those blogs I follow which are now private :0( No excuse though! Whew.. so much has been going on. Ouch on that ride that just tore up sweet Lily's face. Happy belated birthday too (both you and Lily it seems) Wow.. I really need to get better about checking this blog.. it's been hoppin lately!

Tammie said...

It seems that Jacob should have told you that the 4 leaf only works for the Irish when you picked it up. Perhaps your trip would have been a bit easier?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails