12 Jun 2009

Flying By.

Vacations fly by much too fast!
We headed up to Maine on Wednesday to meet up with Jacobs cousin Joan and also to see Maine. This part of the country is beautiful and thanks to the fine folks at LL. Beanie we were able to enjoy being outside once again as we are now all decked out in Polarte*c. Florida clothing just isn't designed for this kind of weather and even though we were layering our clothes we were still really cold. 
We met Joan at the University of Maine, where she works and promptly headed out of her office and straight on to the beach and walked to the lighthouse. What a great view to have from your office.



Jacob and Joan. (my fingers were so cold that it took me so long to take the picture that it appears that Joan fell asleep!)


We had a great time navigating the rocks to reach the lighthouse







We needed to stay closer to home yesterday so we went to the Boston Childrens Museum. We have been to the Miami Childrens Museum a few times but it pales in comparison to this one. The kidlets had hours and hours of fun. We literally spent the day there.

For some reason the photos are being silly and anyones that I took sideways and then turned around when I downloaded them are coming out sideways so it is limiting my choices...weird.

Lily in the area of the museum where you get to experience life with various disabilities. She tried them all and was useless in the wheelchair. Hopefully she'll never need one.


Rosie on The Job Site.


Today we are celebrating yet another birthday, mine, and in order to do it up right we needed to spend the day with the aunties because it just wouldn't be fair if only Lily got to have that much fun on her special day. We met them for lunch at the most amazing Chinese restaurant I have ever been to. Even they said they have never seen me eat so much ever. I might not look like I eat a lot but if I like something you had better stand back. I have even won bets before on how much I can pack into this little body.

The girlies with their aunties.


My Cake....cute huh?


After lunch we went back to Frans house and the sun came out. I was shocked but it did so we went out on the deck and of course the kids wanted to get in the pool but we wouldn't let them cos it is too cold for them so they made do with laying on the deck like this....



I'm sure I don't have to tell you what happened next. We figured it would happen and we figured it would be Rosie and we were right. There were 5 adults and all of us can swim and Lily can swim really well too so we just kept a close eye on her and she leaned to far forward and with a minimal splash she was in. Jacob jumped up leaned in and fished her out by her leg. This is how she looked.....

At first she didn't cry but then she got really upset and it took a few minutes to calm her down and find out why she suddenly got so sad. She was sad cos she wasn't allowed to stay in the water!! So we stripped her off and Lily too and they had fun.





Tomorrow we are heading back to Attitash because we are not leaving the NE without conquering that darned alpine slide and tomorrow is opening day. Yippeeeeeee 6 more hours in the car. Thank heavens for swivel seats, DVD players and road trip food....it keeps the kids happy.

3 comments:

Maci Miller said...

Happy Birthday!!! Looks like a fun-filled day and well, whole week for you all! That is really funny about the pool. Rosie is so funny, and of course, extremely adorable!

Talk more when you get back...and yea, we have the whole house on lock-down! We are ready for our toddler...I think. :-)

Anonymous said...

from auntie fran and shell just to let all of you know that auntie fran is not as ugly as she looks in this picture we are having such a terrific time with the cope gang and also our new friend andy we love her too and we will miss all of them very much

love us

Tammie said...

Wow! What a great vacation you guys are having!

I love your birthday cake Dawn. How did they all know that you might enjoy a ladybug? ;-) I hope that all of your dreams come true.

As soon as I saw Rosie leaning over, I knew what you were going to type. She is so adventurous! I'm glad I wasn't there because I just would have started panicking right off.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails