30 Jun 2009

The Family Has Arrived.

Yesterday the rest of my family arrived for the funeral. The are so many of us and even more that are not family who are going to miss Uncle John. The funeral is going to be huge and not something that is going to be easy for any of us but I think we are as ready as we can be and at this point we all just want it over. I know I do. You can't change the inevitable and it is time. Daddy and Uncle Brian are both so snippy that Andie and I wish they were female so that they could better handle their emotions!

Last night Stephen, Sally and the girls arrived and then Andie, followed by Sally and Colin and even auntie Ann and Uncle Brian came over and before long there were 15 of us having dinner and after the little ones had gone to bed we sat around and laughed and talked and regaled each other with foolish stories as only we can. I think this family is certifiable. It was a good night and a much needed one. I couldn't sleep last night, probably because their is going to be a queue for the showers this morning and I want to make sure I get in early LOL so I have been up since five which considering what time we went to bed isn't good.

Our girlies are fine. Lily and her Grandpa are joined at the hip, as always. Rosie is also loving him. Nannis is also where the sun rises and sets. Rose is alot more reserved than at home and has a huge case of mummy -itis which is getting hard since my arm might fall off at any point. Auntie Ann removed her stitches and she didn't even squeak.

I had better go and have a shower before all hell breaks loose I hear other people stirring.

1 comment:

Tammie said...

I hope the day is easier than expected for you.

Hugs.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails