10 Apr 2009

Hodge Podge

This is yet another post of me leaping from one topic to another in no particular order just so that I can cover yet another weeks worth of news in one go! Whatever happened to spare time?

This has been an amazing week in the adoption world with quite a few families that I have watched for the past 3 years finally receive their referrals and I have shed quite a few happy tears for them. Congrats to them all on their gorgeous baby girls and also to the families who are in China now.

I have not had a migraine in over 3 weeks! This is monumental news. I have gone back on a medicine I took a few years ago. It stopped wroking so I stopped taking it but it is working this time and I am in heaven. (kina hora, salt over my shoulder, send a donation to Marc's Uncle Howard's Rabbi) Three flipping weeks OMG this is really amazing I have my life back and my family has me back. If anyone is interested it is T0pamax and I take it daily to prevent them. I know longer like chocolate which is strange and am losing weight which isn't good but what the heck I haven't had a headache so I can deal with it.

Lily is on Spring Break and I am loving it. On Tuesday we were meant to meet up with some friends at the zoo at 10.30, at 10.36 I looked at the clock and realised we were never going to make it as were all still in our jammies. We did get there, at 2.30, I think we were late! We have been so lazy. It is heavenly not to be dashing about at 7.00am getting ready for school. Bring on the long summer holidays!

The kidlets and I went to the beach today but it was cold. The sun was shining but there was noway I going in the water much to their chagrin. I dabbled my toes in but that was it. All the pleading in the world wouldn't change my mind.

One chilly willy

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


the other chilly willy

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


One frozen stiff chilly willy

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


After we ate lunch we came home and dyed some eggs. Letting Rosie near food dye made me antsy and I failed to take photos until they were done but the final products looked like this and they had so much fun.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


I have decided not to attack anymore of the furniture until after spring break because I am spending time with the girls and I don't want to keep ditching them to go and stain this or sand that. So for now here are the before and after shots of what I have done so far. Actually I didn't take any before shots since the stuff was already in the house so I assumed I had photos of it but after scanning through kazillions of photos for the past hour it appears I only have some things. Oh well.

This is the storage system for the kidlets toys that we bought at Ike*a a month ago that started this staining epidemic. All because I really love the colour of it.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


This was the T.V unit the way it used to look

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


This is it now

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


The hall table and mirror now. They also used to be a light pine. Excuse the funky easter stuff. I give the girlies free reign on the easter decorating

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


This bookcase was also very light. This cheesy kid keeps appeariing in all these photos.!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


The kitchen table before. We always kept it covered with a table cloth and only took it off when we ate. I know that is opposite to most poeple but it just looked odd in here. Now we never put a cloth on it! This table gave me fits and at one point it was loaded into the back of my SUV and was on the way to the tip. My father was my sounding board and even he got sick and tired of me but I did it, I beat the bugger! I gave up ringing my father as he was starting to show signs of wear. LOL.

And now

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Once this project is done I think we will be done with this house so it really will be time to move and I can start from scratch or as Lily says, start from scrap! She came home from school the other day and told me that they made pancakes.....from scrap. I nearly peed myself I laughed so hard. I bet they were really tough to chew!

2 comments:

Tammie said...

I have shed quite a few tears myself with all the wonderful news on the adoption front. It's lovely seeing that more children are coming home.

Does the Topamax really work? I also suffer from horrible migraines. Imitrex no longer works on its own. Relpax never did anything. Now I take Treximet, but it takes about 20 minutes to kick in. I've learned which foods to avoid but still get them.

Have you considered going into the furniture refinishing business? I love what you've done! My dining room table pedestal & the bottom of my hutch were used as teething toys for my then 9 month old Samoyed. I need help.

Vivian M said...

Wow what a difference your hard work made! The furniture looks amazing!
Glad to hear your migraines are a thing of the past, hope it stays that way!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails