6 Jan 2009

Oh That Lily.



On Monday evenings Jacob cooks dinner for everyone as I am at work. Sometimes I am able to join them for dinner and last night was one of those evenings.

I have to add a little history here. When I first met Jacob he was an amazing cook, he kept a perfect house and was generally very tidy. At some point during the last 23 years he has forgotten completely how to cook, clean and tidy up. Don't get me wrong he is an amazing father and hubby and will help out with any thing I ask him to do but if left to his own devices it is never pretty anymore.

I arrived home last night just in time to see the kitchen fill with black smoke. He was looking harried and the kids looked hungry. He was rushing about opening doors and windows. He had forgotten that the garlic bread was under the broiler and by the time he remembered it was charcoal.

After a couple of minutes he got everything under control and we sat down to eat.
Just a few bites into her food Lily looked up and delivered this classic line:

"Is this dinner special needs?"

We lost it. We laughed so very hard and later once I was back at work I kept thinking about what she had said and each time I would laugh out loud.

3 comments:

Steffie B. said...

OMW...hilarious! ;) More news to come!

Tammie said...

You do realize that in Lily's case, the apple didn't even bother to fall off the tree? She truly has your sense of timing.

Apparently Jacob & I have much in common. I gave up cooking after being married for 3 months. Now, David is lucky if I cook 4 times a year.

Vivian M said...

Hysterical!!!! Poor Jacob, I hope his pride is still intact. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails