18 Jan 2009

2 kids plus 1 dog = Nutty Mother

What was I thinking?

Lily has been begging for a dog for a very long time. I grew up with dogs my whole childhood and loved having them. One in particular and I were very close. Then after the whole dog bite episode I never wanted anything to do with any dogs at all. Over the past few years I have really started to get a grip on my phobia and worked through alot of it and have been contemplating getting a dog for us. So long as I get to choose it I know I will be fine. Strangely enough it can't be a small dog it has to be a biggish one. Yeah I know that is a bit odd.

A few weeks ago a friend of mine was in a quandary as they were going away and her usual dog sitters were all busy so I just opened my mouth and out flopped the words, "I'll take him". Well the days bebopped by and Friday arrived and that was D-day, AKA doggy day. Jeremy is a lovely dog and Lily was thrilled at the thought of having him and I wasn't too concerned.

I must have been mad, inebriated, stoned or something cos it is a nightmare! Rosie is terrified of him and shrieks every time she sees him, he is homesick and Lily is disappointed that he won't "play" with her. Because Jeremy is used to me he is sticking to me like glue and wants no part of anyone else even though Rosie is quite convinced he is about to attack her, chew her up and spit out her eyeballs!

Lily loves taking him for walks so we have done lots of that and even took him to a dog park yesterday which would have been great fun but Jeremy is a tad lazy and couldn't quite muster the enthusiasm that most dogs would have at a park. He will be leaving bright and early tomorrow as we have our final social worker visit and I really don't want Rosie cowering in the corner all freaked out when she is being evaluated. Actually she doesn't cower in the corner she prefers to hang out on the island in the kitchen.

Oh, and let me not forget to mention this little aspect of dogs. They are messy! I have washed my floor twice a day since Friday cos it gets fuchy from him. When we sit down to eat he begs for food and I it makes me gag, don't ask me why but I think that is revolting. Jacob laughed and said, apparently he wasn't David trained, David is my father. Our dogs never even dreamt of coming in the room when we ate. EWWW, yuck, me and animals in the house is NEVER going to work. As my father told me recently when I said Lily wanted a dog, "It is always good to have something to look forward to and in her case it will be her own house one day and then a dog!" Sorry Lily but that is how it looks.

Anyway, as I count down the hours until the little doglet goes home I will post some photos and then wash the floor.


Lily, in heaven, walking a dog.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Hmmm, this is where he chose to nap this morning. He looks rather comfy

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing


Last night we finally got him to expend a little energy and even Rosie laughed...but the laughter was short lived as she instantly went back to being scared to death of him.


He is a sweet little dog but the bottom line is...I just don't want one.

3 comments:

Vivian M said...

I am sorry Rosie is scared of the pooch. Kerri gets along famously with her sidekick Pookie, but then again, we got him as a tiny puppy and they had time to get to know each other.
And animals pick who they want to hang out with. There is no convincing Pookie to sleep with Kerri, she kicks around too much. He is always snuggling up to me, even though I would rather he didn't.
Maybe someday you will change your mind?

Tammie said...

Poor sweet Rosie! And poor sweet Lily!

Of course I think it's a hoot that Jeremy latched on to you. It figures.

3D said...

Most kiddies I know are afraid of Daisy at that age but it passes.

Perhaps your own dog with your own rules and training might work better?

Keep smilin!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails