28 Jul 2008

More Fun Times

We have finally finished the painting downstairs and that includes the toy room. Painting the toy room was the worst. Where do all the toys come from? I am starting to think that when we turn off the lights at night and creep up to our bed the toys reproduce. Compared to many children Lily and Rose don't even have that many toys but they are still taking over the house. We decided to have a HUGE cupboard built in the there that runs the whole length of the room so that everything can be hidden away and the room will always look neat and tidy. We are planing on putting a computer desk in there for Lily so that she can sit and do her homework. The contractor cannot start until the 16th.......I hate waiting for things. I am a "do it now" kind of person so when I have a brainwave I follow through immediately and hate the fact that I have to wait for this man. Perhaps I will try it myself.....no, maybe not. That could be grounds for a divorce!

Today is the first Monday in 8 weeks that I haven't had to go to the eye doctor. My eye is finally getting better and now I only have to go once every fortnight. I have vision again which I must say is a wonderful thing. I find it quite incredible that I am having such intense side effects from little tiny drops that go into my eye. I had to come off of the steroids and switch to some different meds and one of the side effects to one of them is headaches....urghhhh. Do I really need any more of them....no I do not.

Back to the fun.......
One day last week I had to go out rather early in the morning and Jacob had both of the girls. He came home from work very late the night before had had only had about 4 hours of sleep so when he put Rosie down for a nap he told Lily he needed to lay on the couch and asked her to entertain herself. It was only a few minutes before he was snoring and Lily, not being one to miss an opportunity, took advantage of the situation and took out her nail varnish and painted Jacobs toe nails! He was a really good sport about it and I must say I think it is an absolute classic.

Talking of Lily, she finally worked out how to breathe in a snorkel and mask last week. She was so excited about it that she jumped out of the pool and ran to the phone to ring her daddy and tell him. This is how the conversation went:
Lily: Daddy Guess what I can do?
Jacob: I don't know.
Lily: I can do maskeling!
Jacob: You can do what Honey?
Lily, repeating herself: Maskeling.
I was trying so hard not to laugh and was able to say, not maskeling sweetie, snorkeling.
Lily: Oh yeah. Daddy I can do snorkeling.
The conversation continued for a minute and then she went straight back into the pool to continue maskeling.
Jacob has always promised her that once she learnt to snorkel he would take her to Pennekamp and take her out on a boat trip to snorkel in the Florida Keys. He kept his word and yesterday the 2 of them headed out early and she got to do some real snorkeling in the ocean. She had such a wonderful time and when she got home she was able to name all the fish that she had seen and yipped for ages about her day. When she went to bed she looked at Jacob and said, "thank you for such a wonderful day Daddy." Sadly hubby was a bad photographer and he failed to get much footage on my camera and all I have is this one little video.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


In between my appointments today I came for quite a long time and as I continued to organise the toy room the girls got into the dress up box and this is what transpired. Perhaps they are planning for Halloween. They laughed so much it was so wonderful to hear.

The Little Pumpkin

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Funny Bunny's

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Dorothy times 2

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Scary Rosie

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Now onto some Rosie news. From the very first day Rosie Posie has been very jealous of Lily and has on many occasions hit her. This weekend she even clawed at Lily's face and today she hit an all new low and actually bit Lily. Lily takes it all in her stride??? She even said to Rose the other day, " Why are you so mean to me? I am nothing but nice to you." It's true, she is nothing but kind to Rosie. She loves her and treats her with kid gloves. When Rosie does something mean we tell her off and ask her to say sorry to Lily. If we are really strict with her Lily gets all upset??!!

Well that's life in the mad house. We are getting very close to school starting again. Lily has her new uniform, her book bag and is ready to go. Me, well no I am not ready cos I love having hr home and I can't get my head around the fact that she is going into first grade...sigh.

2 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Great update! Lily is such an amazing a loving child. Rosie has a wonderful role model to follow and learn from. Soon...very soon!

Love
me

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Great update! Lily is such an amazing a loving child. Rosie has a wonderful role model to follow and learn from. Soon...very soon!

Love
me

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails