12 Jun 2008

Why Are We Back ?

When I finished writing the previous blog many of you were quite upset. I, on the other hand, was thrilled. I felt so free and so happy and I had so much spare time on my hands. Okay so it really wasn't spare time cos I always found things to do, things that I didn't do when I was blogging. One day whilst speaking to my brother he mentioned that I could maybe just update once a month but I said, "NO" I am done. And I was, well until a few days ago I was.

But my girlies are just so flippin' cute and their antics need to be documented. I have books that I write things in and I keep scrapbooks but I like the convenience of this format so I am back but this time things are different, very different. Only a handful of people, very close friends and my family are able to see this cos I choose who to invite and without that magic password you are out of luck. All you can see is a snarky little message that states that this is a private blog. If you know someone who wants to continue viewing my life just let me know and if they are willing to offer up their first born child then they too can come on board. If you are a blogger and I gave you this address, sshhhh, please don't tell a soul I am back. This blog is for us to remember all the day to day stuff and I refuse to get caught up in the blogging world again.

Why the new name? Well, that is simple: once the other blog arrives in my sweaty little palms in the form of a book, the old blog will be deleted and no record of it will be around. I choose this name, Our Red Thread Family, because we truly believe in the red thread. I have one daughter whose Chinese name is Yu Ni and another whose Chinese name is Qi Min. From those two names we have Min and Ni, think about it for a second.........Minni. My maiden name, spelled differently but the same exact name! Pretty amazing stuff.

There won't be as many updates, probably just monthly installments cos, lordy be, 2 kids keep you moving and we are decorating the house and I am doing all sorts of other stuff and I love it. Because I know exactly who is reading it I can be alot less guarded.

So, welcome back, I missed you too.

3 comments:

Daddy and Jeanne said...

Hello Again

The red thread at this end was becoming very frayed so we are more than pleased to be joined up again. Looking forward to watching all the threads as they weave together.

All our love
Daddy and Jeanne

Steffie B. said...

Missed you to pieces....but mostly your sweet girls! *wink*

Vivian M said...

I have a lot of catching up to do! Thank you for the invite, I will try not to overwhelm you with comments until I catch up. Key word: try, because your girls are adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails