26 Apr 2008

Catching Up

Horrors, has it really been nearly a week? I swore last time I would stay on top of things.

First off does anyone suffer from, irritable bowel syndrome? If yes, PLEASE send me an email
jcope39382@aol.com or leave it in the comments section, whichever you prefer and tell me what medications have worked for you, what is your best advice and what is simply the worst thing you have tried that had no effect what so ever. If you have some miracle, prescribed or otherwise please share cos I have a family member who needs some help. Thank you so much.

Talking of poop: I had heard other parents talking about diaper blowouts but had never had the misfortune of experiencing one first hand. Holy smoke Batwoman, now I see what all the fuss is about! Miss Rose has had an upset tummy and let me tell you, it ain't pretty. Lily and Jacob have both thrown up this week due to Rosie's' misfortune. (wimps)

I took Lily with me grocery shopping this week and as always when we got home I reversed into the driveway. The following conversation ensued:

Lily: Mummy, what are you doing?
Me: Uh, reversing into the driveway.
Lily: Oh this is going to be bad I can just tell.
Me: What do you mean?
Lily: You are really bad at driving backwards. Can you just let me get out so I can go in the house with Daddy.
I let her out and then burst into fits of laughter. She knows me so well. The joke between Jacob and I is that the "R" on my gear stick means Ruh Roh and not reverse!

Tonight when I put Lily to bed she came down stairs a few minutes later and asked if I could please turn up the A/C. She told me that she likes to have Bunny's head out of the covers but it was so blowy that his ears were getting cold.

An yet another classic from Lily this week:
Rosie is Red
Her skin is pink
And the good Lord knows
Her diapers STINK

Yes I know it isn't very politically correct but for a 5 yr old it is very good and I have to say I think it is hilarious. I wonder how she comes up with this stuff? Life is never dull.

Now on to Rosie Posey. She understands way to much! She will do A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G for a grape! She speaks quite a bit of Chinese and now I am so glad that I have been struggling through Mandarin lessons with Lily for the past year. Occasionally I can understand what she is saying if it is really obvious. Yesterday she saw a dog and got very excited and kept saying G G G. Gou is dog. So I was able to figure it out. She also says "I want" in Chinese and then points or takes you to whatever it is. She knows, Itsy Bitsy Spider and loves to wash him out. She does the finger parts, kind of. She says YeYe for Lily, Rosie or Ro Ro for Rose and says Mama and Dada but she calls the fridge or any other objects mama and dada but she says them when she sees us to. She says Hi very clearly to everyone she knows. When we walk in the house she always squeals Hi. She says Thank you in Chinese but not very often. She has now figured out how to pucker up but still gives us the big wet French kisses. I love 'em.
My foodie is no longer a foodie and has done a complete turnaround. Now the child won't eat anything at all. I am not used to picky eaters so any advice would be welcome. This isn't just the last few days this has been a couple of weeks. It's a pain.

Jacob put in his transfer papers for Georgia this week. WOO HOO. The woohoo part was very short lived cos when they came back to us we found out he is number 43 on the list waiting to transfer to GA. This sucks like a Dyson! Now we are heading back to the drawing board and starting from scratch on our relocation list. Hum drum. If his company does one little thing we we will still be heading there but if not we will be looking for a different state. It has to be on the East coast cos I need to be able to get home (England) ASAP otherwise we would be moving clear across the country to Washington.

And finally our good friends lost one of their dogs this week very suddenly and unexpectedly. I had mentioned her many months ago as she was an amazing dog. Shadow was a therapy dog and one of the most gentle creatures on this earth. Shadow allowed me to be afraid of her and waited for me to build up some courage and trust and then her and I became friends, good friends. She was in a terrible accident a couple of years ago and I actually massaged her jaw. I trusted her enough to not only touch her but to touch the part of her that I feared the most.....her jaws. I was scared to death the first time and scared she would notice my fear and my shaking hands but she didn't care. Everytime I went to the house I would spend time with her. One time she barked when I was in the room and I ran straight out the door, I didn't realise what I had done until R and S started to laugh, I was shaking from head to toe! She was a Doberman, the biggest Dobey I have ever seen. Shadow, you touched so many people especially all the little children at Miami Children's Hospital and you will be sorely missed. Shara, my heart goes out to you.

Oops, cant end on a sad note so let me think of something else silly that has happened here.
Rosie is always saying something that sounds just like, Bitchy, bitchy, bitchy now give me a beer. We have no idea what she is trying to say but we encourage her all the time cos it is just so funny (actually I am the only one that encourages her cos I think it is hilarious....bad mummy)

My Princess.....who claims to be over Princesses but still dresses up like one at least once a week.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

10 comments:

Kris said...

Lily is a crack-up!! Smart little girl too, eh (getting out of the car and all)... :O)

I'll have to remember "sucks like a Dyson"!! (I have one, they DO suck).
Hope things work out for him soon.
What part of GA would it be?

And I do have IBS but have never taken meds for it- a lot of research has been done and it's triggered by hormones, when I was on progesterone for my endometrial problems, 3 months of NO IBS. Heaven. But the progesterone had me going into weird fits of rage.

Tammie said...

1. I love Lily's poem. I almost spit my coke out on the laptop screen. She's marvelous!

2. Love the "sucks like a Dyson" phrase. It says so much. May I borrow it?

3. Sorry to hear about the diaper blowout. Erin had one the night I was bringing her to synagogue for the first time. I learned why people carry extra clothing & such. Of course, we also had to buy a new car seat.

4. IBS? I'm sorry to hear it. I've had it since childhood although it was called a nervous tummy back then. My meds have changed over the years & I've had to make adjustments to what I eat. You're welcome to email me privately if you want. trhsari@yahoo.com

Steffie B. said...

I think you are referring to me when you speak of the diaper blow outs! lol Oh yes....we have had tons of them here with Thing 2! lol

So glad things are going well and both girls are just darling! ;)

Your posts radiate nothing but pure happiness! ;)

Nikki said...

Oh my word! Have I mentioned lately that I wanna come live with you all? What fun!
I am STILL laughing about Lily's comments about you reversing into the driveway!
And her poem is hilarious too! What a clever girl.

Hope everyone is feeling better now...and as far as Rosie's pickiness is concerned...I can SO relate! My doc always said don't sweat it too much - just feed her the few items you know she will eat and call it good enough.

Sorry to hear about the delays with the move...keep us posted on what you are gonna do.

My heart goes out to your friend who lost her dog - Shadow certainly sounded like a one-of-a-kind...

Love you!
Take care!

April said...

Well, I sure wish you didn't need to be on the east coast because I would love to have you guys here in Washington. Oh well, hopefully you will transfer somewhere wonderful.

About IBS, my mom had it for years and then I told her about Herbal Fiberblend by the Aim Companies. Within 2 weeks she no longer had IBS and has been taking it for the last 5 years and feels great. You would think the stuff might make it worse but it doesn't. If you would like more information you can write me or just call the company 1-800-456-2462. I can tell you that it isn't anything like those fiber powders you find in the grocery store and works wonders.

Anonymous said...

Oye ...hope the ol'boy is o.k. and it is not him with the IBS. Spose you have already tried googling up a web site as there is useful info out there.Will buzz u in the next couple of days.B.B.xx

The Thomas Clan said...

We are probably heading back to Washington after here. Go on, move over to the other side - it's only a 9 hour flight to England.

PIPO said...

I just LOVE those Lily convos.

Glad you are all enjoying sweet Rosie..even if she doesn't always smell like one.

Hmmm...ever thought about relo to O-Hi-YER? Yeah, okay, thought I would try ;0)

redmaryjanes said...

That stinky diaper poem is definitely a classic.
My brother and sister-in-law are being re-stationed in Missouri. It was their last choice on their request. They aren't really excited about it, but they are packing.
I hope you are able to go somewhere that will make you happy.

Colleen said...

That driveway story is freakin hilarious!!! Just so funny,

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails