22 Feb 2008

Brighter Days

After a somewhat sleepless night due to Miss Lil waking up every couple of hours things are markedly better today. Lily was sans fever for most of the day and spent the morning with her daddy being pampered. Rosie, Andie and I all went off to the supermarket and Rosie even decided it would be OK to sit in the trolley. Half way into our trip the little peanut started to really show some personality and was laughing and smiling and even talking some sort of mumbo jumbo She is just so sweet I could eat her.

We have been very concerned about her hearing and everyone in our group has been trying to figure out if she can hear. Our guide decided today that we should go to the childrens hospital with her as she wasn't very sure either. This evening at bedtime the little stinker proved that she can hear. We are guessing it was some sort of coping mechanism that she was using but she had us all believing. Tonight lily, Rose and I all layed in bed and Lily sniffed, the next thing we hear is Rose sniffing, then Lily coughed, so Rose coughed, then Lily squeaked and yes of course Rose squeaked too. It was so funny Lily and I were laughing and so was Peanut. This went on for ages before Rose finally had to succumb to the sand man.

Lily is being so sweet. She keeps saying that she loves her sister. We all got kisses from Rosie today which is incredible for such a short amount of time. Her kisses are a little off cos she pokes her tongue out at the same time. I was able to go for a nice walk with Lily this afternoon when Rosie and Jacob napped. It was lovely to just walk along holding her hand and letting her tell me all about the places she wanted to show me.

As Lily continues to get better and Rosie starts to trust us and attach to us Andie has taken a nose dive and is now sporting a fever and a big sore throat.......compliments of lily.

i could go on and on about my girls and how I love them and how lucky I feel but I will spare you the gooey stuff and post photos instead.


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Happy Girl. Excuse my appearance, I didn't get much sleep last night.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Lilys special morning with dad

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books



Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

14 comments:

Tammie said...

It looks like Lily had a nice day with her daddy. How sweet that Jacob took her for a haircut.

Sorry to hear that Andie is feeling poorly. On the other hand, now you know that Lily has learned to share. Too bad it was her cough & sniffles that she decided to share. ;-)

Rosie is just adorable! She seems to know her name already! Too wonderful!

April said...

Rosie is just so precious and tiny. I am so glad Lily is doing better, but now poor Andie. Sounds like Rosie has already given you a story to tell for years about you thinking she couldn't hear. She sure gave you a fright I bet!

By the way that was me who deleted this comment. Don't worry this says the same exact thing but with a big correction to a spelling. :-)

redmaryjanes said...

Oh, that little Rosie is just so sweet. I am so glad that she can hear and that everything is going so well.

3D said...

The gooey stuff is the best! Rosies cooing is a sound that warms the cockles of my heart. Lily is looking great with her new haircut I am sure. Hope Andie feels better soon and that you all enjoy the rest of your time.

Keep smilin!

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

thank you so much for sharing your photos and videos. Rosie is so beautiful and sweet. And that Lily, well, I'm just so happy she is feeling better. What a special day with her daddy! So sweet about Rosie copy catting Lily's actions.. :0)

Sending get well vibes to Andie!

Steffie B. said...

They are both just darling...so glad to see a smile on Miss lily's face and that Rosie....oh I could just snuggle her right up! ;)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Love those happy girls of yours and BTW Dawn; you look wonderful!!

Patricia/NYC said...

What a blessing...Lily & Rose... your 2 flowers!! I'm so happy to hear Lily is feeling better & what a nice time she had with her daddy & walking with you! Rosie is just way too cute for words!! Sounds like the perfect fit for your family!! I have a sneaking suspicion that Rosie & Lily will be making some GRAND mischief in the near future! The good kind, of course! ;)

Vivian M said...

For someone who has not had a lot of sleep, you look fab. It is so nice to hear that Lily is feeling better and Rosie is starting to come out of her shell! Hope Daddy feels better soon too.
Huge hugs and hurry home, it's warming up!

Nikki said...

How fun that now you have one daddy's girl and one momma's girl! They are both sooo sweet and adorable. Glad Lily is feeling better (her hair looks great)...and Rosie is darling as ever. Such a tiny, squeaky little thing!
I will now pray for poor Andie - hope she is better SOON.
XO

Kris said...

Okay, maybe this is just PMS in full swing, but I got all choked up imagining you and Lil on that walk together- that mother daughter thing always gets me, and then, I mean, you're IN CHINA, you know? It must have been incredible.

Second, I know Connie is gushing seeing her duckie all the way in China too :)

And hearing Rosie's voice absolutely melted my heart. My gosh Dawn, I don't care if I'm in debt for the rest of my life, I cannot wait to be a mum.

Anonymous said...

Hello you 4. Wow Rosie is great. I am so proud of you sticking to your guns and being so patient, where did you learn that, certainly not from Mummy or me. Anyway I wish you all the very very best and will continue to follow you and write whilst I am here. Love to you all. Good on you Lily, you look great holding your little sister. Bye for now Sally

PIPO said...

Oh WOW! I am in love with all the cuteness and so happy Lil is perking up.

I have to say seeing that little duckie all the way in China and in the hands of wee Rose just made me cry. How sweet is that? Something I touched is living my dream! (At least until you tuck him into the bottom of the luggage ;0)

Ann said...

I just love Rosie's little mouth, so cute and Lily looks so grown up in the chair getting her hair cut. I'm so glad that Lily is feeling better

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails