27 Feb 2008

Almost home

OK so we are not really almost home but we are getting jolly close. I am not as desperate this time to leave as I was with Lily. This trip is alot of fun and in some ways I could stay a bit longer but seriously I need my mattress and my fabric softener. We were in the toy room earlier and I started cleaning up the toys and organising the chaos, it felt so good to be cleaning something up. Jacob and Andy think I am out of my tree.I also cleaned the bus where we were sitting with baby wipes because it was revolting.

Rosie is turning out to be a cheeky little monkey just like Lily. I can see the 2 of them conspiring against us in the future. She now crawls all around the room and into Andy's room but she sticks too us like glue in the toy room and freezes when a stranger approaches her. Since we have her in a baby carrier most of the time I just cover her face or pull my jacket around her. She has been shaking her head, no, all the time so today I showed her to nod, yes. It cracks me up cos she puts her head all the way back. jacob now gets her to give him 5 and she is quite liberal with her kisses. Every where we go people comment on how pretty she is and she really is, she has the most amazing little face and the cutest red full lips. Lily can make her roar with laughter. OK...I know enough of the gushing. But I can't help it I have 2 of the bestest kiddos in the world

Today we were free as Sophie, our guide, had to go to the embassy for us. Tomorrow we are going to another park. After being in Beijing and seeing the Great Wall all this other stuff just pales in comparison. I might bow out of tomorrows tour and hang around here with Rosie and start packing.

Last night when we were talking to a friend on Skype she asked us if we had been to the store, "A gift From China". When I said I hadn't she told me to go. It is a charity store here on the Island and all the proceeds go to the orphans. They have such lovely stuff. Not the same tut that all the other stores have. I found a few items that we just can't possibly live without and I purchased a book called, "A mother Remembers". It is a birth mothers account of having to give up her baby girl. It is written for children and is priceless. The preface is such a startling reality but I knew I had to have it for the girls when they are much older.


I thought we were going to have a lot of extra space in our luggage coming home but now I am not so sure. We haven't gone mad with the shopping but we have bought things for the girls to remember their homeland with. I have even started bargaining with the sales people and I never thought I would be able to.

That is all for now. Jacob has just come back upstairs following his evening stroll. He only does it to see how many business cards he gets handed by the "ladies of the night". There is a competition going on between some of the dads to see who gets the most offers. The dad who had the most left today so Jacob has a chance of leaving here a winner! It is odd but Andie and I walked the same walk as him not an hour ago and we couldn't even see a hooker.....they must crawl out of the woodwork.
see you very soon.....well some of you. Thank you for all of your comments and emails, it is so nice to feel as if we are at home with all of you.
Love all of us.

Rosie Playing

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


Needs no explanation

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


we have this photo from our last trip..I bet she has grown a bit!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books


We had a little contest at dinner tonight. I won but that's no surprise cos I could balance a whole canteen of cutlery on this schnoz!

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing - Photo Books

13 comments:

3D said...

I have heard of that store. Sounds great.

Enjoy your last days. Soon you will be back in your environment and can lie in bed and Snuggle the Downy goodness of the fabric softener you miss.

Both girls are adorable!

Keep smilin!

P.S. You have to fill me in on Skype and your opinion. We want to use that whenever we go.

April said...

You can gush all you want about your most wonderful, beautiful, smart ... girls! This is your blog and you can do what you want. Besides we love hearing all about your girls.

I can't wait to go to that store when we go. I will put it in my memory bank. I might be old and out of memory by then though.

Buckeyes & Eggrolls said...

We loved "A Gift from China". I bought a few pieces of jewelry from there as well as a couple of puppets/dolls.

Little Rosie sure is a tiny peanut!! So sweet.

Miss Lily is always a beauty to look at.

Way to go mom on that balancing act.

Safe travels home!

Janet said...

I have NEVER been able to balance one on my nose. More practice required, I guess. Glad all is going well with you!

Vivian M said...

Will you teach me how to balance a spoon on my nose when we finally meet? How fun!
We don't tire hearing about your beautiful girls, so gush away.
By the way, you may be getting lots of fabric softener for your birthday!

Lauren said...

It sounds like yall are having a blast! I will pray for your safe trip home :)

Tammie said...

Personally, I love to read all the gushing. After all, your girls are just gorgeous & totally gushworthy. (Is that a word?)

The pics are great as always! Rosie is just blossoming under the love & guidance that you guys are giving her.

Special K said...

My heart just melts to see the pics of your beautiful girls. I still can't believe you have TWO daughters now! So cool isn't it....

Steffie B. said...

So glad things are going well.....I could look at your girls all day long! So glad you are in Mommy heaven! ;)

PIPO said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful trip with us. I love all the photos...esp. with you and the girls!

Good luck to Jacob in the card competition ;0)

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Oh my goodness; you must be a bit crazed posting that picture of the spoon on your nose..ROFL!!! Come home quickly before we see you spinning squeaky shoes on the tips of your fingers for an encore!

Your girlies are doubly adorable!

Love
Starr's and Fishman's mommy

Nikki said...

Gush away!!! Your girlies are fabulous.
Glad you are enjoying this trip so much. That speaks volumes about your family of FOUR!
Lovely pics - especially that last one. hehe

insanemommy said...

Omg, she melts my heart! Gorgeous. Safe flight home.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails